This role is in Accounts Payable Process in a fast paced, high volume WSS environment that supports Vanderlande’s global business and operations that use JD Edwards application for financial accounting and reporting. The position is responsible for preparing and processing Invoices, Indexing, Payments, Vendor Reconciliation, answering supplier queries, resolving customer queries etc. with a high degree of efficiency and quality for Vanderlande’s business units.
- Invoice Processing and matching – 3/2 way matching of invoices to open Purchase Orders/ Contracts per SLA (Service Level Agreement) deadlines and ensuring sufficient controls for multi-currency invoices processing
- Support Indexing activity in the Purchase to Pay cycle
- Processing and accounting of Non-PO invoices as per the Policy
- Focus on ITBR & Voucher Logging – Working with operations/ SCM/Project Managers in ensuring invoices holds due to be released are cleared on time for payment
- Accurate auditing of Travel and Expense Claims, adhering to Vanderlande Policies
- Strict Compliance on Segregation of Duties policy
- Month End Deadlines- Ensuring all month end activities are completed to deadlines in order to close AP Periodic transactions
- Processing of Payment runs – Weekly, monthly and adhoc runs with high degree of accuracy
- Reviews and monitors individual workload
- Supplier Management and communication – Responsible for answering supplier queries on invoices, payments as well as reconciliation of supplier statements
- Strong focus on internal controls and company’s accounting policies
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, both internal & external. Ensure professional and appropriate communications.
- Gathers data for potential process improvements
- Know and comply with Vanderlande’s policies: Global Ethics, Values and Philosophy, Management Environmental Safety and Security and Health
- Other activities assigned by supervisor or special requirements from management or company.
- Auditing and accurate reporting of High Dollar invoices (10K and Above) ensuring quality output
- Seeking feedback in a professional manner, learning from mistakes and applying the same in in daily operational tasks
- Sharing of best practices with team members to enable team performance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field from an accredited institution required
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in Accounts payable domain
- Should be Team Leader or Subject Matter expert in Accounts Payable domain.
- Skilled in Accounts Payable functioning.
- Customer service industry experience essential, preferably captive shared service experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound problem solving skills and ability to identify the issue and propose a solution
- Awareness of internal controls especially SOX requirements
- Knowledge of AP processes and related financial processes.
- Ability to work within a team environment
- ERP and Workflow Software’s knowledge preferably JD Edwards, Bellin, Tungsten, Kofax, MXP
- Sound MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word) required
- Good Accounting knowledge
- Strong customer service orientation
- Structured approach to problem solving and issue resolution
- Ability to apply accounting system expertise to troubleshoot financial system problems, resolve customer issues and implement new solutions.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated self-starter who can work well in a team environment or independently.
- Adaptable to change.
- Demonstrates strong skills on following competencies: Dealing with Ambiguity, Customer Focus, Functional/Technical Skills, Integrity and Trust, Organizational Agility, Drive for Results.