Apprentice Service Technician
Working within Tesco Aylesford CFC, the Apprentice Service Technician will work towards being able to perform maintenance duties to ensure productivity and output, equipment availability, health & safety compliance, quality, Pirana reporting and team working is optimised in accordance with agreed timescales.
As an Apprentice you will work towards being accountable for the following;
- To be proficient in all aspects of the operation and maintenance procedures.
- Electrical fault-finding and fault-rectification skills, including the replacement and configuration of field devices (motor controllers, sensors, scanners etc).
- To repair and maintain all equipment through a proactive approach of planned preventative maintenance with a "right first time" approach and to seek permanent solutions through a culture of continuous improvement. Ensure rapid response to breakdown situations and effective corrective maintenance regimes.
- To enter all work carried out and parts used into Pirana
- To be conversant and capable of working in all areas covering but not limited to:
- Automatic storage and retrieval system (HDS)
- Vertical Carrier Conveyors
Build Reputation with Customers
Interface to customer in a Professional and Courteous Manner either face to face, telephone, email.
Ensure contract SLAs are consistently achieved and improved
Drive To Win
Ensure contract SLA's are consistently achieved and improved. Perform planned preventative maintenance, corrective and reactive maintenance in timely manner as required. Record all work done and parts used in CMMS system (Pirana) where applicable
Provide cover for other service technicians / Shifts when necessary.
Ensure thorough knowledge transfer through sharing of knowledge and information.
Every Day Better
Carry out routine maintenance duties including, but not limited to: operational checks, functionality checks, cleaning, adjustment, lubrication and monitoring. Look to find root cause of issues and find permanent solutions to issues encountered.
Safe Base & We Care
Ensure all company legislative Health & Safety regulations and policies are maintained. Work in a safe considerate manner and leave all work areas clean and tidy at all times.
Skill & Experience:
The successful candidate will:
- Comply with health and safety guidance and procedures and have a responsible approach to risk
- Have a passion for engineering
- Be computer literate
- Good time keeping
- Attention to detail
- Seek opportunities to develop
- Integrate and work well in a team and consider the implications for their actions
- Follow a logical approach to problem solving
You will be supported to achieve a Level 3 Maintenance & Operations Engineering Technician at MidKent College. For this, you will be required to hold 4 GCSE’s including Maths, English and Science at grade 9 to 4 (or equivalent A* to C). Although no experience is required, you will have a passion for the automation. The role is a highly active one where you will need to be willing and prepared to work shifts in year 3.
Demonstrate problem/fault fining skills.
Good interpersonal skills and able to communicate precisely both in writing and verbally at all levels
Be computer literate