Provides effective and efficient administrative support to the Service sites by supporting site managers and employees through a variety of sourcing, purchasing and contract administration related tasks. The position ensures all administrative support duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Implement supply chain strategies for Airport Services that is consistent with our customers business plan.
- Develop and maintain a Supply Base that builds long term strategic relationships with key supply partners that provide Vanderlande with a competitive advantage within the baggagematerial handling system market
- Support the process of supplier selection meeting the defined needs of Airport Services and Subcontractor
- Analyze, create, and implement innovative supply opportunities and strategies that enhance the Vanderlande Services market position and/or profitability on a local and global level.
- Draft, improve and enforce the use of all contract templates for the legal engagement of installation services, construction subcontractors, equipment suppliers and service level providers in collaboration with Corporate Counsel
- Contribute during the sales phase, work closely with the sales team to manage the RFQ process. Ability to read and understand the scope of work, help to reduce risk and scope gaps, evaluate proposals, and ensure the best price.
- Negotiate with suppliers.
- Establish and maintain the Supply Plan per contract in corporation with the Airport Services team.
- Support and collaborate with Sales Engineering and Airport Service team to minimize total project risk and cost.
- Coordinate procurement activities, global strategies, and management system procedures within North American organization.
- Incorporate work instructions associated with Procurement policy and supervise the archival, sharing and protection of critical communication documents related to Procurement.
- Execute ethical principles and standards of Procurement practices to comply with all applicable safety, regulatory and quality system requirements.
- Provide support with managing the administration of service contracts to ensure a seamless transition from project phase to the Service organization.
- Process Service-related contracts and update information within the organization’s ERP system (JD Edwards).
- Use Microsoft Office Suite and database software to prepare reports, presentations, memos, and documents
- Maintain office filing and cloud storage systems, including sensitive and confidential personnel files.
- Assist service manager(s) with procurement of uniforms and needed supplies.
- Coordinates and maintain staff administrative records while adhering to signatatory protocols, such as: Staff parking passes, SIDA Badges, Company vehicle applications/permits and renewal paperwork for the Airport.
- All other duties as assigned in support of airport services and Management.
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Engineering, Materials Management or equivalent preferred.
- 4 – 6 years of progressive experience (Sourcing, S&OP, Logistics and Operations) in Procurement/Supply Chain.
- Contract writing experience, knowledge of legal requirements involved with contracts.
- Prior experience in the BaggageMaterial Handling Systems industry or similar.
- Service, Construction or Engineering contracting industry experience is advantageous.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial organization where cooperating with others and being a team member is a natural
- APICS (Association or Operations Management) certification (CPM or related) preferred.
- Experience moving seamlessly between cultures
- Tough–minded, results–oriented attitude
- Ability to direct work of multiple reports and supervise concurrent tasks while effectively prioritizing and coordinating works assignments to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent analytical and financial skills
- Creative, out of box, thinker
- Strong communication and decision–making skills
- Drive and ambition to elevate the department to higher levels
- Confidence take charge mentality, hands–on
- Experience with MS office and ERP systems
- Willingness to travel 10% domestic and international
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.