APS Support Engineer
ITSD Technical authorities
Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports, and sorting systems for parcel. The role will be working within the Service team supporting the IT Service Desk at the London based Airport & Parcel Division (Collaboration House) of the business.
The APS engineer will support, and setup UK based site contracts, development and provision of the supporting functions required to support a successful transition of the Parcel service business into APS. This includes providing 1st Line 2nd and 3rd line activities both remotely and onsite.
- Management of customer APS IT solutions 2nd / 3rd Line
- Application and service restoration
- Application support of material handling systems
- Maintaining HLC environments such as Vibes, Vision and Scada
- Hardware maintenance of Servers (HP) & Network services
- Project support and commissioning (RMR)
- Onsite direct customer support in delivery of IT systems in the UK
Build Reputation with Customers
Create effective and good working relationships, building and developing rapport with internal departments as well as external customers and suppliers ensuring that expectations are exceeded
Drive To Win
Ensure all requests are dealt with efficiently, ensuring all duties are carried out in a timely and efficient manner.
Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the department and business
Responsible for the continuous improvement of policies and procedures as well as learning continuously and developing professional potential and ability
Safe Base & We Care
Support a safe working environment within business development through championing and encouragement of a safety-first culture
- HP Server Hardware support Qualified Preferred
- VMware qualified preferred
- Knowledge of Oracle databases
- Knowledge of networking and switch configuration experience
- Knowledge of 3 par SAN infrastructure advantageous.
- Linux & Windows server administration
- Must be proactive, focus on service improvements and capable of taking the lead on own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure on mission critical systems
- Strong customer focus
- Team player, adaptable and willing to broaden skills outside core skill set
- Ability to own tasks to completion
- Flexibility in working hours to deliver changes and time critical projects.
- Escalate issues as appropriately to ensure resolution
- Able and willing to work on customer sites across the UK as required
- Holds a full UK driving license