We are currently seeking a qualified Assistant Operations Manager to help assist the Maintenance Manager manage the day to day functions and the group of baggage handling employees.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Helps manage a large group of diverse employees
- Learns to ensure quality of maintenance executed on-site according to contract agreed with the customer(s)
- Help assist system issues on-site with the maintenance team and the customer
- Conduct daily meetings with client for the purposes of status reporting as required
- Setup and maintain work schedule to ensure fulfillment of contract deliverables and more.
- Assist manager by overseeing and managing the maintenance of the Baggage Handling System in the manager’s absence
- Act as VI representative for operational and safety meetings with the Airport, TSA, and the airlines when needed
- Ensure proper levels of supplies (spare parts, tools and office supplies) and manage vendor interactions.
- Work closely with VI personnel regarding site related issues.
- Initiate and implement process improvements to ensure continuous improvement of the maintenance performance to the contract.
- Generate daily operational reports and conduct analyses of overall health of the baggage handling system
- Assist the CS Manager in formulating monthly contractual reports
- Conduct periodic safety audits and staff safety training
- Coordinates with Lead Engineers and inspects repairs and maintenance activities
- Sets priorities, distributes work, monitors progress and quality
- Implements new procedures and takes care of knowledge transfer.
- Possesses good overview of the work to be done, determines the most efficient and effective working method.
- Anticipates problems, which disturb the daily operation.
- Ensures that employees comply with the company rules, standards and key values at VI (acts as a role model).
- Supervises and implements actions to better employee well-being, health and safety on the the job (training, safety inspection rounds, safety program etc.).
- Acts as a Safety Advocate
- Maintains and enforces policies and procedures including but not limited to: Communication plans, safety plans, contingency plans, attendance, quality control of craftsmanship, inventory management, training requirements, etc.
- Generate standard operating procedures.
Required Education and Experience:
- Experienced with MS Office and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Capable of working with teams
- Competent customer oriented professional who can work independently and accurately
- Ability to anticipate customer and team needs and act accordingly.
- Willing to work long hours in a stressful environment at nights and on the weekends
- Valid Drivers License
- Willingness to learn technical knowledge in new fields
Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport I.D. Badge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations or Engineering preferred
- Airport or Warehouse Operations experience
- Team Player
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of computers and equipment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to build relationships with key players
- Strong Microsoft office skills – Excel, Word Processing and Outlook
- Organizational and time management skills
- Capable of analyzing issues and developing solutions
- Ability to be creative and innovative, and overcome objections and turn them into opportunity
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Schedule is driven by the needs of the operation. May be required to work nights and weekends.
This position requires up to 25% travel.
Manages O&M site employees
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.