As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacture, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
The Legal Department is responsible for a broad range of activities including transactions, dispute resolution, compliance, labor and employment, and risk management. As a small team, we support many projects and offices, adding value and reducing risk. We aim to drive the growth of the business by providing legal solutions to business challenges.
This motivated and energetic Associate Attorney will report to the General Counsel and engage in a variety legal and compliance services supporting the business across North America.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
This position supports senior professionals in providing legal advice and recommendations for action to executives and management regarding matters of complexity and may deal directly with more routine legal matters. This position is generally focused on applying its knowledge of one or more legal specialties as it develops a deeper knowledge of the business operations of the company. This position generally receives specific direction from management or more senior law professionals as to the outcomes, process and schedules expected. This position may research legal principles and precedents, consult with outside counsel, draft, and execute legal documents, gather relevant case related information using multiple sources and methods, provide work guidance to paraprofessional and support staff in developing solutions to problems presented. Applicants should have 3 to 5 years of post-bar experience in a law firm or corporate setting.
- Research legal issues and prepare memoranda.
- Support the drafting, review, and negotiation of a wide variety of commercial contracts, including construction, equipment supply, and real estate.
- Review, analyze, and prepare summaries of key customer-side contracts, usually $10M to $150M in value.
- Support construction project teams in claim-related issues and correspondence.
- Prepare and conduct training for business departments on legal issues.
- Support discovery, document management, and other tasks related to litigation.
- Coordinate with outside counsel on various issues.
- Develop expertise in Contract Management System operation and performance.
- At least 3 years of experience as practicing attorney specializing in commercial transactional work.
- Strong academic credentials.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and critical reasoning skills.
- Passionate and conscientious approach to compliance.
- Ability to pass background check to the extent required to obtain clearance for TSA-secured areas of US airports.
This position requires domestic and international travel, typically 5 to 10% of the time.
Vanderlande offers a competitive salary complemented by a full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical Insurance, Vision Plan, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, 401k with matching, Short- and Long-Term Disability, and CLE Budget.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.