Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports, and sorting systems for parcel and postal services. The company is also a leading supplier of warehouse automation solutions. Established in 1949, Vanderlande has over 4,300 employees, all committed to moving its customers’ businesses forward at diverse locations on every continent. With a consistently increasing order intake of more than 1.2 billion euros, it has established a global reputation over the past six decades as a highly reliable partner for value-added automated material handling solutions.
We are seeking Baggage System Associates (Unjammer) for the purpose of clearing baggage jams and fault’s as well as monitoring BHS and airline baggage operations.
*This position operates in the secured area of the airport and requires a security badge. Applicants are required to pass a background check, as provided by applicable state and federal law.
- Clear bag jams and respond to trouble calls in the Baggage Handling System
- Maintaining cleanliness of system, providing cleaning including but not limited to sweeping, housekeeping, collecting trash, cleaning dust and debris and general housekeeping of area around system
- Responsible for operations of Manual Encode Station
- Demonstrate good mechanical aptitude and comprehensive skills
- Monitor the BHS system from Control room as needed
- Follow instructions from control room operators, technicians and supervisors on maintenance needs
- Exercise safe working practices at all times, demonstrating and complying with all Company safety policies, including but not limited to personal protection equipment, following Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) procedures.
- Minimum 1 year working experience in an industrial environment
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport I.D. Badge
- Minimum 1 year working experience in an material handling (baggage handling, material, warehouse, distribution center, etc) environment
- Technically inclined, with potential to learn and grow into maintaining material handling systems
- Basic Computer skills (Word, Excel)
- General technical knowledge of conveyor systems
- Flexibility with time, able to shift priorities quickly based on staff and system needs
- Strong communication skills – Verbal and Written
- Strong work ethic and initiative; who would like to grow and develop within the organization.
- Customer and service oriented
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.