As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacture, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
We are seeking a detailed-oriented, thorough, and organized Bid Leader to support the Airports & Parcel Solutions Operations team. The APS Operations Bid Leader facilitates the RFP creation and submittal for Mechanical, Electrical & Controls work packages as well as additional scopes that include installation and engineering services. The APS Operations Bid Leader will work closely with Sales Engineering to ensure a complete and accurate RFP package is generated and submitted to potential bidders. The Bid Leader will also be responsible for reviewing scope and identify risks & opportunities. This position will report to the Bid Manager of Installation.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Support the sales team in the gathering of proposals and pricing from subcontractors to put together a complete and competitive proposal for the customer
- Proactively reach out to the appropriate subcontractors and assess their willingness to participate in the bidding process
- Gather the correct information from the sales team to ensure RFPs are sent out correct and complete to the bidders
- Facilitate the bidding process with subcontractors and act as their main point of contact throughout the process
- Ensure the timely completion of RFP activities during the bid phase of a project related to the scope in which this role is responsible
- Manage communication between the sales team and the subcontractors to ensure proper information is being communicated and deadlines are established
- Keep the supply plan updated as the RFP process progresses and communicate any changes or concerns with the sales team
- Support the sales team in scheduling clarification calls with subcontractors and managing RFIs that are submitted
- Track and document subcontractor compliance and performance during the RFP process
- Evaluate the RFP documents for risk and communicate any concerns to the sales team before sending to bidders
- Evaluate proposals and support in cost leveling to help drive negotiation and ensure the company can put their best foot forward with the customer
- Support in the gathering of minority content and good faith effort if required for the project
- Facilitate hand-off meetings of awarded projects from the bid phase to the appropriate Project Buyer in the execution phase
- Minimum 3 years of experience in procurement or supply chain
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Business, Supply Chain (or similar field)
- Prior experience in managing an RFP/RFQ process and evaluating proposals
- Prior experience in the material handling systems industry or similar project-based industries a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical and financial skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in time-sensitive situations
- Ability to take charge, get answers and hold stakeholders accountable to get things done
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.