Business Architect – Human Resources
Does designing and improving processes and tooling energize you? Do you have an eye for design improvement and love to to translate strategy or business opportunities into innovative and accepted solution? If you join Vanderlande now as a Business Architect we have lots of challenges available for you!
To achieve our strategic goal, line managers continuously improve the value performance of our daily operations in terms of Quality, Logistics, Costs, Technology and Customer Satisfaction. Continuous Improvement is about optimizing our Operating model and the Customer Value Add, looking into topics like : Process, Data, Applications, Organization and People. The Business Domain Owner for HR is accountable for business driven design & build of the operating model in his domain as well as the Improvement portfolio management to optimize it.
As Business Architect you are responsible to translate the business requirements for our HR Domain into an accepted, fit for purpose, operating model. You will be working closely together with Business Capability Owners, Key-Users, Subject Matter Experts, Application architects during solution design, and support the implementation in the organisation.
Being an intermediary:
- Build and maintain relationships on all levels of the organisation and with external partners.
- Build bridges by connecting people from different disciplines and facilitate them during workshops.
- Represent the business interests in Design & Build teams.
Manage your Stake Holders:
- Maintain "internal" customer satisfaction without neglecting the company constraints and our worldwide scope.
- Partner and align with all relevant stakeholders: Owners, Architects, Experts, Program & Business Improvement Managers.
Manage Design & Build decision making:
- Drive and facilitate Design & Build decision making by Value Chain Owners, Business Domain Owners, based on high quality design proposals co-created with other Architects.
- Identify and analyse global improvements based on the strategic decisions, business opportunities & requirements, audit results, improvement ideas and change requests;
- Co-develop Business Domain improvement roadmaps by bringing improvement initiatives together with positive impact on the bottom line;
- Make accepted holistic Business Domain designs covering aspects related to people, organisation, processes, data and IT Applications;
- Develop and maintain the Integrated Operating Model and integrate it in the overall Enterprise Operating Model;
- Define business requirements for the Business Capabilities in your Business Domain;
- Safeguard the usage of the Vanderlande Enterprise Architecture;
- Manage, develop and maintain the Enterprise Platform: Business Capability Map, Process Map, Business Data Model, Integrated Operating Models, IT Application Landscape, Business Capability “where used”.
Support worldwide implementation and adoption:
- Support transitions by supporting Line Management, Business Improvement Managers and Subject Matter Experts, Business Quality Officers during implementation;
- Safeguards that the necessary trainings are developed to organize user training and key user support;
- Support Enterprise Architecture & Change Management approach in Business Transformation projects and continuous improvement projects;
- Audit Business Capability adherence to measure the adoption level and positive impact as well as to identify improvements.
As Business Architect you are member of the Enterprise Architecture team. This team develops and maintains the Vanderlande Enterprise Platform consisting of the Enterprise Reference Architecture, all Integrated Operating Model & Business Capability design & builds for Vanderlande worldwide.
The team is also responsible for Quality Management and our ISO 9001 certification. Therefore the team organizes internal and external audits, as well as follow-ups, to reduce our business risks and increase our customers’ satisfaction.
To be successful in this role, you have a Bachelors or Master degree in Business Administration or Industrial Engineering. You have at least 5-10 years working experience in business process and application management, being involved in improvements projects on strategic, tactical, and operational level. You have excellent knowledge and practical experience in a broad range of business processes. Furthermore, you are/have:
A Business-savvy generalist that, understands typical business terminology of all processes and can participate in discussions with business stakeholders, at all levels, to get a good understanding of their interests;
Excellent interpersonal and effective communication skills;
Building relationships based on trust, to have influence and impact and to achieve a sufficient level of engagement;
Team player with strong focus on stakeholder management and building strong relationships;
Bringing people together in teams, coordinate and facilitate them with respect for local cultures;
Steering on progress is your second nature;
Proactive and effective as architect with a good understanding of process, IT, human, product and organizational consequences;
The ability to adjust the approach, words, representation formats etc, based on audience, circumstances and new information, to create an accepted solution design;
Able to independently scope, plan, manage, execute and control your daily work as well as the work of others;
Knowledge of Continuous Improvement and Change Management best practices and theories (e.g. LEAN, Prosci® ADKAR, etc.), as well as best practices in Enterprise Architecture and Enterprise design methods;
Good command of English, both verbal and written, is essential. Dutch is preferred, other languages are an advantage;
Flexible in travelling internationally (up to 30%, depending on the projects);
If the role of Business Architect – HR appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information, please contact Dèveny Stultjens, Recruiter, at +31 413 755 273.