Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports and sorting systems for parcel and postal services. The company is also a leading supplier of warehouse automation solutions. Established in 1949, Vanderlande has over 6,000 employees, all committed to moving its customers’ businesses forward at diverse locations on every continent. With a consistently increasing order intake, it has established a global reputation over the past seven decades as a highly reliable partner for value-added automated material handling solutions.
The Business Controller is part of the broad business controlling team in North America consisting of a total of twenty business controllers supporting the organization (including but not limited to Sales, Service, Projects, Supply Chain and Factory) of Vanderlande in North America (including USA, Canada and Mexico). The Business Controller is a key member of the team and responsible for ensuring that the financial health of the Organization is reported accurately in the financial reports. The Business Controller works directly with the responsible Managers to help define the Organization's financial goals and objectives; continuously strive for improvements and based on analysis recommend actions to improve the accuracy of financial reporting. The Business Controller is part of a sub-team consisting of three Business Controllers and reports directly to the Senior Business Controlling Manager.
JOB TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Be able to take on multiple roles of business controlling at the same time.
- Collects, analyzes and reports financial data for Service Contracts, Projects, Supply Chain, Factory or Business Support (=Overhead).
- Sales Controlling will be a key role. As a Sales Controller focus will be on supporting the sales teams and occasionally meet with customers. This also includes ensuring compliancy and risk control in the sales phase of projects and services;
- Continually identify areas for potential financial improvement. Take initiative to start, lead and execute improvement projects, but always with focus on output and relevance for our business;
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s financial policies and procedures.
- Accounting and administrative tasks are not part of the responsibility of the business controller, but good collaboration with our Shared Service Teams on administrative processes is key and therefore relevant to business controlling (e.g. quality and timeliness of invoicing etc.);
- Regularly monitor assigned financial performance and cost estimates to complete latest estimates (LE) relevant for our company forecasting and in line with our company deadlines.
- Provides financial guidance and support to facilitate the accurate set-up, performance and maintaining of assigned projects and service contracts based on requirements and in compliance with the company set up rules to ensure the proper reporting of revenue and profits.
- Gain understanding of our business and initiate, conduct and document monthly financial meetings with relevant team members to come up with accurate financial forecasting;
- Participate in ad hoc projects and improvement projects initiated in North America or from Europe;
- Create reports and presentations at senior management request and pro-active initiation of financial analysis relevant for our Senior Management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Undergrad in Finance or related field is preferred, Advanced degree in Finance or Related field is preferred.
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- At least 5 years of relevant experience as a controller in an international organization is required, experience in an accounting or administrative role is not required. Experience with working in an international or project company however is preferred;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team player with good communication skills, who can multi task and is an efficient planner
- A self-starter who is focusing on output and tangible results, who is willing to invest in own development and future, in an ambitious and international environment
- Ownership of actions and work product.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.