ASPIRE. GROW. ACHIEVE. TOGETHER.
Vanderlande’s PAX business unit manufactures, sells and services latest generation passenger security lane equipment to global airports and governing agencies (in the USA specifically, to DHS and TSA).
Along with business partners we provide state-of-the-art security to the nation’s airports. Our PAX team is a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic group of talented professionals. We are looking for an experienced sales director to join our team.
The PAX Business Development Director will be responsible for selling multimillion dollar security installations and/or service agreements. This position will manage the full sales cycle, from building a close partnership with the customer to managing bids and RFP's, client presentations, and ultimately closing the deal. In every case the emphasis is on close partnership with the customer, extending from initial analysis of the underlying business processes through to total life-cycle support.
- Perform market research and position Vanderlande for market expansion/growth
- Develop and pursue profitable sales leads to achieve planned order intake and profit level
- Co-coordinate sales strategy and determining customer requirements
- Conduct initial specification review
- Cultivate and improve customer relationships
- Coordinate sales material, pricing strategy and proposal content
- Provide input into weekly/monthly departmental activity reports and updates
- Manage sales documentation and data for Bid/No Bid decision making
- Pursue/Maintain healthy pipeline of opportunities
- Adapt to our company and culture that is based upon a belief in people and their dedication to achieving success
- Effectively articulate technology and product positioning to multiple levels of customer’s business from technical users up through senior leadership;
- Execute on assigned operating plan and targets to assure that business wins profitable and productive service sales;
- Responsible for customer satisfaction, evaluation, plans, and follow through;
- Integrate information, resources, and activities within the region and/or among global regions;
- Meet or exceed operational requirements: analytical reporting, operating reviews, and cost;
- Demonstrate commercial and technical expertise in specific market;
- Participate in conferences and exhibitions providing subject matter expertise in speaking opportunities and panels.
- Engage with airports administrations, A&E firms, contractors, and other relevant parties to take the necessary steps needed to facilitate a sale and the implementation of a project.
- Drive strategy and growth initiatives within the region;
- Responsible of specific accounts in the region;
- Build customer relationships for the purpose of Business development and Sales;
- Build influential relationships with assigned customers at all levels and develop strategies to win profitable business from those customers;
- Gain an understanding of all accounts needs to demonstrate how Vanderlande security products and services can be utilized to their advantage;
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Business Development with a minimum $15MM in project work sold.
- Possess a high degree of integrity
- Demonstrated expertise in selling in a B2B environment with an extended sales cycle (12+ months) w/ capital equipment
- Experience with presenting to multi-level contacts, government entities, and medium to large organizations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Excel)
- Willing and able to travel extensively within North America with occasional international travel required.
Background in consultative selling role in a team selling environment
Experience working in the airline/aviation or construction industry
- Understanding of Electrical Controls Systems (PLC's, Computerized Tomography scanners) and security software capabilities
- Experience in the field of aviation passenger security preferred
- Excellent communication and social skills, high energy and entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable with customers and executives alike Strong work ethic, technical affinity, ability to grow and mentor as company expands
- Legal knowledge and contractual skills to help with contract negotiations
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.