As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacture, design, installation, and service.
Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager, Spare Parts and Components to join our growing sales team in Marietta, GA. This Business Development Manager will be responsible to sell Spare Part packages and/or service agreements involving spare parts, products, and components for Airports. You will manage the full sales cycle, from building a close partnership with the customer to managing bids and RFP's, client presentations, and ultimately closing the deal. In every case the emphasis is on close partnership with the customer, extending from initial analysis of the underlying business processes through to total life-cycle support. This position will be based in Atlanta, GA. This position will be based in our Marietta, Georgia office and report to the Director of Sales, Baggage Handling Solutions at our North American headquarters in Marietta, Georgia.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Perform market research and position VI for Parts, Product, and Components market expansion/growth
- Develop and pursue profitable sales leads to achieve planned order intake and profit level
- Co-coordinate sales strategy and determining customer requirements
- Identifying decision makers amongst the targeted leads in order to start sales process.
- Cold calling
- Educate customers about terminology, features and benefits of Vanderlande’s Spare Parts Webshop in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction
- Responsible to sell targeted annual quota of spare parts/products/components for BHS and Passenger Boarding Bridges.
- Prepare spare parts quotations
- Assist with creating parts list, send out responses to RFQ’s/RFP’s,etc to customers,
- Search, register and respond to all public bids
- Create part list for suppliers, archive supplier quotations, and consolidate supplier quotations.
- Maintaining and expanding the database of prospects of the organization.
- Coordinating with Spare Parts department for status on orders ensuring the delivery commitment to clients is met.
- Provide sales support (pricing, lead-times) to the Business Development Manager
- Creating and delivering qualified leads to BDM’s for other Services opportunities.
- Capturing of accurate and complete information in Customer Relationship Management system (CRM).
- Travel in support of BDM’s or training meetings, customer site visits, and/or trade shows.
- Generate market interest and close sales
- Includes Vanderlande WebShop
- Demonstrate WebShop (online or at customer locations throughout US)
- Coordinate pricing on spare parts supplied by VI Spare Parts department
- Conduct initial specification reviews
- Cultivate and improve customer relationships
- Coordinate sales material, pricing strategy and proposal content
- Provide input into weekly/monthly departmental activity reports
- Manage sales documentation and data for Bid/No Bid decision making
- Pursue/Maintain healthy pipeline of opportunities
- Adapt to VI Company and culture that is based upon a belief in people and their dedication to achieving success
- Create awareness of Vanderlande Spare Parts capabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, not required
- Candidate must be customer focused
- Common sense with a good working attitude
- Must have creative writing skills to be able to respond to Customer RFP/RFQ’s
- Polished telephone and professional writing skills.
- A team player with a positive attitude and high energy
- Willing to learn and work in an entrepreneur environment
- Good organization and communication skills
- Procurement experience is a plus
- Experience or knowledge of CRM is a plus
- Cold calling skills “hunter experience”
- Detailed oriented
- Experience with presenting to multi-level contacts, government entities, and medium to large organizations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Excel)
- Background in consultative selling role in a team selling environment
- Experience working in the airline/aviation or construction industry.
- Experience with suppliers of Material Handling Equipment a plus
- Excellent communication and social skills, high energy and entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong work ethic, technical affinity, ability to grow and mentor as company expands
- Legal knowledge and contractual skills to help with contract negotiations
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Effective phone etiquette skills. Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport ID Badge which includes background check
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m, plus traveling.
This position requires ~50% travel.