Are you an eager and optimistic team player that likes to have a leading role in building transparency & insights in performance metrics in a challenging, high-tech R&D environment? Are you an independent worker with a natural curiosity for business performance indicators and able to combine these skills and ultimately help management teams optimize the performance of our product development organization? Then you are the candidate we are looking for!
Within the rapidly growing Technology organization a new team is being set up that will ensure strategy implementation, enable fact based decision making and secure cross department synergies to continuously drive operational excellence.
The central Technology Strategy & Transformation team is looking for a business performance specialist that will drive the delivery of performance insights, is passionate to build standardized and high quality dashboards and supports all Technology departments in the data architecture of operational performance indicators.
Data is currently in the spotlight at Vanderlande. A large board-level driven change program has led to the introduction of the Data Mesh methodology and the rapid adoption of Azure cloud technology. This is the perfect moment in time to join us and make your mark on a company that provides baggage handling systems for 600 airports around the globe and automates the warehouses and sorting centres of the world’s leading parcel and e-commerce businesses.
You are responsible to drive the availability of meaningful performance information to the Technology team to enable fact based decision making:
- Driving accurate, timely and aligned reporting of all relevant operational performance indicators.
- Being the analytical anchor point for business performance reviews
- Acting as ambassador for data literacy and fact based decision making
- Driving simplification of reports, analytics tools and automation of reporting
- Coordinate the collection and compilation of relevant metrics and data from a variety of sources
- Produce ad hoc queries/reports to support Technology leadership and the Strategy and CI initiatives
- Act as business performance / data expert and intermediary between the Technology unit (requirements), IT (architecture) and Data Analytics (dashboarding & reporting).
- Determine the proper data and information architecture
- Collect and shape requirements together with stakeholders, architects and users from the business
- Support (be the expert) in the definition and design of KPIs and help to unlock critical data and information
- Connect and collaborate with IT and other departments in investigating the feasibility in the IT data landscape and decomposing them into work packages that can be implemented
Furthermore, you will be involved in internal improvement projects both within the Technology organization as across Vanderlande.
Your qualifications and skills
- Being a self-starter with a strong driving force, striving for continuous improvement and wanting to solve problems.
- Strong analytic capability: able to create transparency, set up structures, think in processes, work accurately
- Being able to dive into details as well as having a helicopter view.
- Ability to convert complex (often data driven) matters to clear overviews and insights
- Dealing with ambiguity and you are not afraid to breach the crucial conversations needed to keep the business successful.
- Having excellent communication skills with strong integrity and collaboration mindset that goes well with people at all levels in a global organization.
- Ability to work in a changing environment to meet demanding deadlines
You should bring:
- Three to seven years in an analytical position within operations, finance, management reporting, financial planning and analysis, management and/or strategy consultancy, business development or equivalent.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a subject with a clear analytical component.
- Experience with BI systems like PowerBI, Qliksense or equivalent experience with Data visualization / front-end development
- An excellent command of the English language (both verbal and written). Dutch or other languages would be advantageous.
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses, including, one of the largest e-commerce leaders providing logistics, payments, hardware, data storage, and media solutions. Our solutions seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of our network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to our dedicated people, build strong relationships and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
You will grow, take ownership and make every day better as you continue on the road to success with your spirit of adventure – and fulfil your ambitions for personal development through our Academy. Vanderlande will give you the necessary knowledge, tools and support, so that together we have the confidence and ability to exceed our customers’ expectations in over 100 countries.
You will have the enthusiasm and be driven to achieve our collective goals. As an integral part of our team, you will have a hands-on role working in a positive environment to deliver tangible, state-of-the-art products and improve the competitiveness of our highly visible customers.
The Technology/R&D unit consists of 700 FTE and has the global responsibility for product design and development for the full Vanderlande portfolio with several development centers worldwide, managed from Veghel. Within the Technology/R&D unit advanced new logistics and automated solutions are investigated and developed in response to the challenges of an increasingly dynamic world. Not only is the scale of the installations expanding rapidly, but the standards of quality are being constantly taken to a higher level.
Technology plays a major role in the continuous improvement of new and highly innovative technologies across all of our market segments. This means creating new concepts and studies, defining the architecture, integrating numerous technologies within a single product, and testing the end result.
If you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com