The Bending Operator produces machine-formed products/parts in accordance with the work orders issued. The Bending Operator produces machine-formed products (product components) made from ferrous or non-ferrous materials in accordance with the work orders and technical information issued to him. The professional expertise of the CNC Bender Operator lies in their ability to personally set the machine using cnc programs to produce products of the right quality. Programs simple products and uses the correct bending tools for the job in question.
This position reports to the Production Manager
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Performs all set up and tear down of the related equipment.
- Calculates and set machine controls to position tools, speed and feed.
- Inserts control instructions into machine control units to start operation.
- Mounts and secure tools and attachments, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Selects and bolts holding clamp, die block and guide clamp to machine.
- Lifts work pieces to machines manually or with hoists or cranes.
- Measures and inspects parts using machine shop measuring tools per supplied customer drawings.
- Modifies operating programs to account for problems during operation and save modified programs.
- Resolves machine malfunctions and discusses with the supervisor or programmer
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Meets production goals in relation to machine effectiveness and scrap output.
- Maintains the machine and work area.
- Measures and checks work dimensionally at different times while monitoring the progress of the bending process.
- Measures and checks the product to ensure that it satisfies quality requirements
- Performs machine-forming operations – Makes the machine production-ready
- Administrates and archives project data.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of electronic equipment and computer hardware and software.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Knowledge of metal properties, lubricants, operational sequences and machine programming.
- 0-3 years experience as a Bending machine operator in metal manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge of all activities associated with manual and CNC bending machinery, tooling,
- Measuring equipment and machine settings.
- Minimum of 2 years in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to communicate with others
- Must be able to follow and understand instructions
- Ability to work Safe and knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Ability to work in a team environment and be a team player
- Ability to read, understand, and follow blueprints
- Must be able to work carefully and in a concentrated manner.
- Attention to detail
- Must have a strong willingness to learn
- Must monitor and maintain quality
- Must be able to operate technical equipment
- Must be able to detects faults and consults with supervisor.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Monday through Friday. Requires shift work (1st and 2nd). Schedule is subject to change based on business needs. May be required to work overtime, weekends, and holidays.
This position does not require travel.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter and are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Employee will be subject to warehouse environment, cold temperatures of 40 degrees , and will be required to wear jacket. Noise levels of 90 decibels can be reached at certain times. Can be exposed to fumes or airborne particles while in manufacturing environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching and all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.