The Coating operator I is responsible for making the Coating line production-ready, sets up, operates and makes corrections to settings.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Performs operational tasks, including moving, hanging, powder coating, taking down and checking goods without supervision
- Receives and repacks goods
- Makes the coating line production-ready
- Correctly hangs and removes products.
- Checks parameter settings.
- Inspects products and carries out quality checks.
- Cleans the spray booth.
- Adjusts the coating line speed.
- Monitors the production process
- Detects quality faults, breakdowns and production errors.
- Monitors the production process.
- Administrates and archives project data.
- touches up the materials by spraying them manually
- works with an automated system and uses internal materials handling equipment, both manually operated and motorized
- works on series of products and the tasks are of a routine nature
- Keep area clean, including cleaning around the outside of the paint both and cleaning powder off oven entrance and other areas as needed
- Check powder inventory on a daily basis
- Take out powder bags daily and powder boxes at the end of each day
- All other duties as assigned and requested to support the Manufacturing operations
Required Education and Experience:
- 2 years of painting experience in a similar environment
- Forklift certification
- Must be able to communicate with others
- Must be able to follow and understand instructions
- Ability to work Safe and knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Ability to work in a team environment and be a team player
- Ability to read, understand, and follow blueprints
- Attention to detail
- Must have a strong willingness to learn
- Must be able to work with little supervision
- Must monitor and maintain quality
- Must be able to identify process improvement
- Must be able to operate technical equipment
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Monday through Friday. Requires shift work (1st and 2nd). Schedule is subject to change based on business needs. May be required to work overtime, weekends, and holidays.
This position does not require travel.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter and are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Employee will be subject to warehouse environment, cold temperatures of 40 degrees , and will be required to wear jacket. Noise levels of 90 decibels can be reached at certain times. Can be exposed to fumes or airborne particles while in manufacturing environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.