The fast-changing market requirements for our Business Unit Warehouse Solutions (BU WS) mean we need to adapt to stay ahead. In your role as Commercial Excellence Manager your challenge is to enable a highly efficient and effective sales process and to maximize Vanderlande’s commercial success.
As a Commercial Excellence Manager you will be responsible for driving the commercial excellence processes and supporting systems in the business unit Warehousing Solutions. You will be helping the commercial teams to optimize their sales efforts and utilizing resources in the best possible way.
In this role, you steer the global sales organizations in adopting new ways of working and take responsibility for enabling them and further developing their sales skills. As a driver of operational excellence in our commercial activities you will manage topics like process execution, regular performance reviews, sales forecasting and be responsible for a progressive adaptation and development of the CRM system.
As contributor to the overall success of the Vanderlande sales efforts, you support the entire sales cycle from active lead generation and sales funnel management together with marketing. You will engage in the strategic business planning process, measure commercial performance and report insights to the involved stakeholders. You will take the project lead in selected strategic initiatives aiming to continuously improve the commercial performance.
You are responsible to execute Vanderlande’s Global Key Account Program to build sustainable profitable relationships with our most important customers. You facilitate the annual key account planning process, lead and execute the governance structure and facilitate knowledge transfer and exchange between the key account managers in the customer centers. You identify improvement potential in the way of working for our customers and take ownership to execute resulting actions.
The Commercial Excellence manager will report to the Commercial Excellence Director in the BU Warehouse Solutions Strategy & Marketing department.
In this position, you will:
- Continuously analyze commercial performance across the business unit and suggest opportunities to improve
- Increase customer focus, reduce barriers to execute for sales teams and take responsibility for enabling commercial teams in optimizing value propositions, sales planning & strategies and other relevant sales skills
- Own and foster commercial excellence methodologies, frameworks, processes, tools, organization, and governance, incorporating continuous improvement with key stakeholders
- Execute annual business planning cycles and perform regular reviews and analyses on commercial success metrics
- Play a key role in organizing sales events in coordination with marketing in the business unit
- Maintain high quality of sales operations by owning the CRM system, developing new sales tools and improve sales process execution and adherence
- Continuously monitor and guide the sales funnel management & lead generation in association with marketing and business development
- Gather and analyze sales data and market feedback (e.g. loss order info; conversion rates; profitability; Net Promotor Score) to continuously improve and optimize the sales strategy and -operation
- Be responsible for design and execution of the development program of sales people in skills like: value propositions, sales strategy and different sales tactics
- Take Vanderlande key account management to the next level by executing governance structures, engaging in the key account Planning process and helping build profitable sustainable relationships with our customers
- Embed the account-based selling approach across customer centers and support building relationships to influencers (e.g. consultants) on a strategic level
The Commercial Excellence Manager is part of the Strategy and Marketing department of the Business Unit Warehouse Solutions. This team drives the end to end commercial development: from being responsible for the translation of the Vanderlande strategy into segment strategies and market approach, into solution design and deployment, into driving marketing on the basis of our value propositions and finally in steering and organizing for commercial excellence.
- Master’s degree in a technical and/or business field.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a commercial role of high-end investment goods or solutions
- Experience in working with multinational teams within a matrix organization
- Ability to translate business needs into business opportunities which can be executed in small steps, and prioritize them according to business value and impact
- Data driven, proven analytical, customer focused, proactive, creative and innovative
- Highly organized, pragmatic and results-focused; driven to manage commercial improvement projects from concept to implementation and ensuring adaptation
- Influencing skills: Building relationships and stakeholder management across different departments and influence stakeholders in non-hierarchical leadership style
- Able to challenge the way things have been done and handled, and to drive change and create focus
- Strong commercial focus and prioritization skills
- Willingness to travel internationally (10-30%)
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Excellent command of English and preferably another language
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, including Amazon and Walmart, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of our network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to our dedicated people, build strong relationships and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
You will grow, take ownership and make every day better as you continue on the road to success with your spirit of adventure – and fulfil your ambitions for personal development through our Academy. Vanderlande will give you the necessary knowledge, tools and support, so that together we have the confidence and ability to exceed our customers’ expectations in over 100 countries.
To achieve our collective goals, you will have a hands-on role working in a positive environment to deliver tangible, state-of-the-art products and improve the competitiveness of our highly visible customers. As an integral part of our team, you will have the enthusiasm and be driven to reach our destination before your next journey with Vanderlande begins…
If the role of Commercial Excellence Manager appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information, please contact Joost van den Eijnden, Recruiter on +31 413 49 52 88.