Commercial Group Leader
Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports, and sorting systems for parcel and postal services. Working within project operations team the Commercial Manager will provide professional contract management, procurement and administration to support the delivery of complex automation system projects into dynamic, evolving and challenging airport environments. The commercial manager will be accountable for contract administration, finance and progress management, project procurement and supply chain activities and commercial risk management.
This role would suit someone who would consider themselves to be a perfectionist, who is capable of working in a specialist and technical area of expertise. The incumbent should be organised, thorough, enjoy challenging situations and have the persistence to see a job through to conclusion. Getting things right, attention to detail, ensuring quality and standards are met and reducing error to a minimum are important factors in this position. Researching and gathering facts, working with formulas and to specifications are key to the role. Standard operating procedures and clearly defined guidelines are important to the role. If you are a logical and systematic person, conventional, accurate, shrewd, methodical, dependable, self-starter, serious, probing, objective, self-reliant, and inquisitive by nature then this role would suit you.
Accountable for ensuring that projects are controlled and protected from
commercial risk including contract negotiation with customers and supply chain, change management, risk management, monthly actual cost compilation and applications, early warning.
Build Reputation with Customers
Working within a project delivery environment create effective and good working
customer relationships to ensure win win outcomes. Proactive approach towards Supply Chain management whilst maintaining strong partnerships with primary sub–contractors.
Drive To Win
Ability to strive to reach goals within tight timescales and demonstrate
perseverance and decisiveness. Being results orientated whilst following industry recognised practices.
Encourage and construct good coherent relationships and partnerships with
project teams, external suppliers and subcontractors, internal business support
functions and wider stakeholders – promoting project engagement and successful delivery against project objectives.
Continuously improve upon own and others commercial management disciplines, community development and best practices to help support better individual and business wide project delivery.
Safe Base & We Care
Support a safe working environment within project delivery through championing and encouraging a safety first culture down through the supply chain.
- Commercial management of multiple complex engineering projects with values over £5m
- Management of change process through analysis and understanding of scope, quantification
- (estimating) for claims for compensation events under NEC3 terms – time and cost, early
- Good understanding of project programmes and schedule delay analysis
- Supplier and subcontractor management including pre and post contract, relationship management, procurement and tendering
- Estimating and record keeping
- Final accounting
- Knowledge and understanding of project accounting to allow ongoing reconciliation of budgets and actual costs with cash flow forecasting.
- Monthly reporting of earned value management
- Membership of a professional body i.e. RICS, CIOB, ACostE preferred
- M&E experience advantageous
- Work closely with Project managers, project planners and controls teams.
Experience of Baggage Handling Systems is not required as training will be provided.