Reports to: Commercial Group Leader
Location: London – Heathrow
Introduction to role
Vanderlande is the global market leader in automation systems and solutions for customers within the Airports, Parcel & Warehousing sectors striving to improve the competitiveness of our customers through Value Added logistic process automation. Working within project execution team the Commercial Manager will provide professional contract management, procurement, cost control and administration to support the delivery of complex automation system projects into dynamic, evolving and challenging airport and parcel environments.
This role would suit someone who has a high attention to detail, self-driven and motivated, organised, and enjoys challenging situations to see a job through to conclusion. The successful candidate will thrive in dynamic, complex and technical environments. Vanderlande’s mantra is: "In a world of technology, a belief in people" The ideal candidate would therefore embody our core values of ownership, building reputation with customers, drive to win, team play, every day better, safe base and we care.
Your responsibilities and activities will include:
- Accountable for ensuring that projects are cost controlled and protected from commercial risk through contract interpretation, management, and administration (Notifications/Instructions, Early Warnings, Compensation Events etc.) – both upstream to customers and downstream to subcontractors.
- Financial control of projects through forecasts (cash flow & costs), application for payments and billing plans.
- Negotiation with customers and subcontractors on Compensation events.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with Customers, Subcontractors and Internal Stakeholders in support of the above accountabilities – promoting project engagement and successful delivery against the project requirements and deliverables.
- Continuously improve upon own and others commercial management disciplines, community development and best practices to help support better individual and collective project delivery.
- Project and contract closure through final accounts, certification and lessons learned.
Role Qualification and Skills
- Experience with different forms of contracts e.g. NEC3, NEC4, MF/1
- Commercial management of multiple complex engineering projects with values over £5m
- Management of change process through analysis and understanding of scope, quantification (estimating) for compensation events – time and cost.
- Good understanding of project programmes and schedule delay analysis
- Supplier and subcontractor management including pre and post contract, relationship management
- Exceptional organisational skills, with the ability to coordinate and prioritise work within a fast-moving environment.
- Adept at negotiation, diplomacy and conflict resolution.
- Knowledge and understanding of project accounting to allow ongoing reconciliation of budgets and actual costs with cash flow forecasting, Final accounting.
- Membership of a professional body i.e. RICS, CIOB, ACostE preferred
- Work with multidisciplinary Project Teams taking ownership and accountability for commercial success of projects.
- Experience of Baggage Handling Systems is not required as training will be provided.
What we offer
- 28 days of annual leave (excluding public holidays)
- Bupa Medical Cover
- YuLife – Wellbeing membership with fast access to GP appointments, promotion of health and wellbeing along with daily quests to gain Yucoins that can be swapped for shopping vouchers
- Perkbox includes things such as free eye tests at Specsavers including discounts on Glasses, free cinema vouchers and a weekly free coffee from Nero. Along with hundreds of savings on day-to-day shopping, trips etc.
- A challenging work environment with lots of opportunities of career progression.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with Aviva
Vanderlande is fully committed to supporting, Diversity, Equality and Inclusion and welcomes applications from all candidates who meet our job specifications. If you feel there is a barrier that potentially prevents you from applying, we are always happy to discuss or explore, any reasonable adjustments can be made to support your application.