CM System Analyst
Veghel- The Netherlands
Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling systems and innovation is the key to winning in a world that is changing faster than ever, which is why it is essential for Vanderlande to develop cutting-edge solutions. The use and development of cutting-edge technologies is core to that success. This technology alone does not make a successful organisation and our mantra is “In a world of technology, a belief in people”. Within the Development Centre Software (DCS) departments you can be one of those people and bring your passion for cutting-edge technologies and have an opportunity to make a positive impact to some of the world’s leading companies that rely on Vanderlande to give them a competitive advantage. The software and solutions that we create are at the core of driving the equipment and processes that make this happen. Be a part of the team that is creating software that is being used in hundreds of the world’s leading organisations worldwide.
You will be responsible for gathering and defining configuration requirements for product applications, infrastructure, and database systems. And for creating and managing all configuration management tools, processes, and procedures for Warehouse Management products and environment that support the SDLC. In addition you would work closely with release teams and customer application support engineers to ensure deployment of applications within customer systems meet configuration expectations for all resources.
Solid understanding of duties performed within entire software development life cycle as it relates to deployment and release management of products and infrastructure with specific emphasis on environment configuration management to include:
- Collaborating with customer, business leads, and Software IT organization on configuration of product applications, databases, and infrastructure to ensure proper application functionality.
- Developing configuration requirements documentation and obtains approvals from various stakeholders for required configuration management.
- Designs configuration management processes, policies, procedures, and technology to enforce configuration change management across application, database, and infrastructure.
- Lead role in analyzing CMDB data to highlight anomalies and errors and to identify opportunities for improvement; continuously improve processes and governance adherence practices to ensure timely deployments and releases within SDLC
- Works closely with quality assurance, DevSecOps, and development teams to review and assess deployment requests.
- Creates and maintains a complete inventory of all deployments across all environments within SDLC with dashboards and reports on configuration issues.
- Works with DevSecOps teams to integrate configuration management tooling that enforces policies and processes for proper configuration changes within SDLC deployments.
- Works closely with quality assurance groups to ensure accurate and well-documented product baseline configurations.
Your qualifications and skills
- Bachelor in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent
- You have at least 3 years of relevant working experience
- 1 year experience in creating and maintaining process documents and SOP’s.
- Fundamental knowledge and experience with ITIL.
- Broad knowledge of infrastructure technologies, networking, experience with software security, and database platforms (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or SQL Server)
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud tools for configuration management like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt or Terraform.
- Experience in working with GIT, GitHub, SVN or other distributed source control systems
- Proficient in development and implementing configuration management processes.
- Experience with configuration management of cloud environments like Azure, Google Cloud, or Amazon to include container orchestration with Kubernetes.
- Experience in working with an Agile development environment with use of tools like JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze data within limited timeframes and recommend alternatives.
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills, reflecting the ability to effectively interact with multiple leadership levels, customer groups and partners.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced operational environment with competing priorities and multiple stakeholders.
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career.
This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programmes, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com
If the role of Configuration Manager System Analyst appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information, please contact Annelieke van der Poel (Recruiter) on +31413494599 or Annelieke.van.der.Poel@vanderlande.com.