Job Title: Configuration Manager (SCCM) Support Specialist
Experience: 8 – 10 years
We are seeking an experienced Microsoft Configuration Manager (SCCM) Support Specialist to join our Information Technology team. The SCCM Support Specialist will play a crucial role in the deployment, and maintenance of SCCM infrastructure, and provide advanced support and expertise in managing SCCM-related tasks. This role demands a deep understanding of SCCM, excellent troubleshooting skills, and the ability to mentor and lead junior team members.
SCCM Infrastructure Management:
- Plan and execute SCCM upgrades, patches, and hotfixes.
- Package, test, and deploy complex applications using SCCM in compliance with industry best practices.
- Collaborate with application owners and business units to gather and translate requirements into deployment solutions.
- Ensure software packages are compatible with various Windows operating systems.
Advanced Application Support:
- Provide expert-level, tier-3 support for application-related issues escalated from the helpdesk or junior team members.
- Troubleshoot and resolve intricate application deployment failures, compatibility issues, and performance problems.
- Mentor and assist junior team members in resolving complex issues.
- Oversee the patch management process for operating systems and applications, maintaining schedules and compliance reporting.
- Implement advanced strategies for patch testing, deployment, and rollback.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of SCCM configurations, application packages, and deployment procedures.
- Develop advanced reporting solutions to track SCCM and application deployment metrics.
- Present insights and recommendations to IT management.
Training and Leadership:
- Provide training, guidance, and leadership to IT staff and junior team members in SCCM usage, best practices, and advanced troubleshooting.
- Stay updated on emerging technologies and industry trends, and share knowledge within the team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Extensive experience in SCCM administration and support, with a strong track record of success.
- Microsoft SCCM certification (e.g., Microsoft Certified: Endpoint Manager Administrator).
- Profound knowledge of Windows operating systems, Active Directory, and Group Policy.
- Expertise in scripting languages (e.g., PowerShell) for automation and advanced troubleshooting a must.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and a history of resolving complex technical issues.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team.