Construction and Logistics Manager UK
Head of Project Execution WS UK (Matrixed to Head of Project Execution APS)
Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports, and sorting systems for parcel and postal services. Working within the project operations team, the Construction and Logistics Manager UK will lead a team of Construction Managers, Site Managers, Site Supervisors, Safety Supervisors and Logistic Coordinators, Quality Technicians, Field Engineers, to deliver construction and complex automation projects into dynamic, evolving and challenging Airport, Parcel and Warehouse environment.
- Being an expert within the construction and logistics fields, providing installation, construction and logistic solutions, guidance and advice to escalated issues. Will organise and provide peer reviews to solutions or facilitate solutions from others expert in their field.
- Support resource project planning, through assigning resources and aligning skills to projects through the planning process & execution. Recruit to support skills shortages as appropriate.
- Manage and report on all installation and construction activities. Support the facilitating accurate forecasting, and reporting on all site performance including supporting quality surveys.
Build Reputation with Customers
- Encourage and construct good coherent relationships and partnerships with project teams, external suppliers and subcontractors, internal business support functions and wider stakeholders – promoting project engagement and driving for successful delivery against the project objectives.
Drive to Win
- Support planning and bids development through providing expert knowledge on site activities. Preparing & construction schedules, budgets & milestones & monitoring control progress. Develop and implement quality control programmes.
- Support the development and preparation of contracts and negotiating revision with sub-contractors and the client.
- Provide line management to the Site Installation Team’s through Group Leaders for APS and WS. Develop the team holistically, whilst developing individual’s skills through training, mentoring and coaching.
Every day better
- Continuously scope to improve upon own and the site team function and best practices to help support better individual and business wide site delivery. Drive for consistency in site team function working across multiple sites. Develop the services offering to project managers and project delivery function through functional and continuous improvement of services and process. Maintain the functions yearly budget.
Safe Base & We Care
- Promote and maintain a safe working environment on-site and drive the team to custodianship of the company safety culture and within project delivery through championing and encouragement of a safety-first culture.
- At least 10 years in the industrial, institutional or commercial construction sectors providing team supervision or undertaking a Construction Manager role.
- Working in projects acting or supporting the principal contractor / principal designer duty
- Awareness of the RIBA or other construction lifecycles
- Contract management (NEC or similar) and strong commercial awareness
- Working both in the client and employee environment
- The candidate will should have-
- Strong communication skills working with at all levels and all stakeholders
- MS office skills
- SMSTS certified (or equivalent) , CSCS, and be First Aid trained.
- In this post, there will be regular UK travel and occasional overseas travel.
- Experience of Material Handling Systems is not required as extensive training will be provided.