And do you have the right knowledge, interest and skills to coach and develop teams during our journey towards an organization where continuous improvement is part of its DNA? If so, this is the right role for you!
At Vanderlande, we are seeking passionate and ambitious people, capable of making a positive impact on supporting our Business Unit and Customer Centers in realizing their yearly goals and targets in line with the Business Unit Warehouse Solutions profitable growth strategy.
As an integral part of the Continuous Improvement team within the Center of Excellence (CoEx) of the Business Unit Warehouse Solutions (BU WS), you will report to the CoEx Continuous Improvement Programme Manager. BU WS is the fast-growing part of Vanderlande responsible for global warehouse business in the market segments e-commerce (for one of the largest e-commerce leaders providing logistics, payments, hardware, data storage, and media solutions), food (e.g. AH, Woolworths) and General Merchandise and Fashion (e.g. Nike, Zalando). The CoEx supports the Customer Centers in the improvement of their key activities project delivery, realization and (IT) services execution.
You will thrive at identifying, initiating, facilitating and embedding business improvements on our improvement focus areas: customer satisfaction, product modularization and costs & complexity reduction.
You will analyze the processes, assess current performance and propose possible improvements, which you will substantiate with facts and figures. You will also manage a variety of stakeholders across the whole BU WS (and even beyond). Based on your experience you will use the right improvement techniques (Kaizen, Lean, visual performance management, etc.) to get things implemented and embedded. By doing so you are not only managing people, action lists and schedules, you also offer hands-on support to the involved people and teams to speed things up.
Your qualifications and skills
If you’re an experienced, enthusiastic and versatile Operational Excellence Specialist, you will excel at:
- Analyzing process performance and identify improvement opportunities, preferably based on data-analyses
- Finding sponsorship and commitment for improvement initiatives
- Set-up and support (local) improvement teams to execute improvement initiatives
- Delivering hands-on support on the content of improvement initiatives
- Actively maintain a network of key stakeholders within and outside the BU
- Supporting (global) BU teams at KPI definition and performance management
- Travel up to approx. 5-10% of your time.
You should have a working knowledge of:
- At least 5 years of experience in a process improvement role, preferably in a globally oriented, project environment with a Master degree in Business Engineering , MBA or similar
- Relevant experience in managing the people side of change and preferably ADKAR certified
- Relevant experience in coaching of people at all levels
- Preferably IPMA-certified or PRINCE2 certified
- Experience with implementing Lean visual performance management
- Data analysis with MS Power Bi is a plus
- Be able to independently scope, plan, manage, execute and control your work
- Pro-active and persistent attitude, hands-on “can do” mentality
- The ability to gain trust, influence and build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Clear and effective communication and a structured way of working
- Entrepreneur to identify related improvement opportunities to improve
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of our network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to our dedicated people, build strong relationships and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
You will grow, take ownership and make every day better as you continue on the road to success with your spirit of adventure and fulfil your ambitions for personal development through our Academy. Vanderlande will give you the necessary knowledge, tools and support, so that together we have the confidence and ability to exceed our customers’ expectations in over 100 countries.
You will have the enthusiasm and be driven to achieve our collective goals. As an integral part of our team, you will have a hands-on role working in a positive environment to deliver tangible, state-of-the-art products and improve the competitiveness of our highly visible customers.
So, if you would like to join a profitable and growing company that will enable you to reach your goals and focus on your future, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information, please contact Jasper Pijnenburg, recruiter on 0413-494408.