Control IT Software Specialist
Do you like to take an extra step, analyzing the root cause of a failed software component or interface, and providing solutions for the cause?
Vanderlande understands the complexities associated with a successful airport and parcel operation and delivers future-proof logistic process automation. These automation systems are composed of many Electromechanical, IT, and control components that require expert knowledge to support.
As an IT System Control Specialist, you will analyze and assist in servicing baggage handling system control software. You are responsible for helping the operation and maintenance team find and resolve system issues, researching solutions, and proposing changes to the system. You will have frequent contact with internal and external customers and third-party contractors.
As an IT System Control Specialist, you have a strong affinity with Oracle data administrator and Java-oriented software combined with the Linux platform they run on.
- Identify problems and perform root cause analysis of upper-level control software of Vanderlande baggage handling system, in close collaboration with other teams.
- Review system and application logs to trace issues and gather information for analysis.
- Develop and maintain customer-specific validation test processes and reports for change control log.
- Continuously monitor IT infrastructure, application, and material handling application environment.
- Triage all events reported and maintain incident reports.
- Planning and delivering preventive maintenance tasks & assigned change tasks (back-ups, patch execution, etc.)
- Have a systematic way of troubleshooting a problem.
- Advise the customer on actions to minimize equipment downtime.
- Take proactive measures based on own insight, lifecycle plans, or preventive maintenance plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science engineering, information technology, information systems, mathematics or a related field of study.
- Preferably you have a good understanding of IT service management practices (ITIL v3/v4)
- Affinity with IT and Industrial Automation and interest in logistic processes.
- 5 years of relevant working experience in industrial systems.
- Hands-on experience with Oracle SQL and JAVA software development is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with LINUX and network communications is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of IT infrastructure and software development
- Basic knowledge of testing methodologies and troubleshooting techniques
- Good communication skills in English.
- Assertive team player and proactive.
May have to work after hours and weekends as the operation runs 24/7.