Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Alert maintenance personnel through radio communications of faults or failures and dispatch them to the appropriate locations to address faults.
- Monitor system status, balancing, statistical reports, and chute assignments for the user airlines.
- Professional and accurate communications to all airport personnel including: Airport operations, Airport management, TSA, all Airlines
- Make BHS operational decisions, initiating and coordinating implementation of any backup/fallback procedures necessary to facilitate continued operations (e.g., choosing alternative routings via contingency conveyors, initiating use of fallback tags, coordination with user airlines, etc.).
- Ensure smooth daily start-ups by reviewing start-up check lists and procedures
- Determine/coordinate configuration changes to bypass off-service conveyor
- Report and track service calls and technical issues internally
- Generate data for weekly and monthly reports
- Perform regular Preventative Maintenance (PM) of Control Room equipment
- Determines sequence and approach with little assistance
- Carries out a variety of control room activities with little assistance
- Communicates regularly with customers and technicians over the phone and radio
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Computer experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport I.D. Badge
- Minimum 1 year working experience in an material handling (baggage handling, material, warehouse, distribution center, etc) environment
- Technically inclined, with potential to learn and grow into maintaining material handling systems
- Working knowledge of computers and equipment
- Team player with strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to solve problems under pressure
- Flexibility with time, able to shift priorities quickly based on staff and system needs
- Pro-active attitude towards process improvement
- Detail oriented and show record of dependability.
- Innovative, self-starter and pro-active
- Decision making ability
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to carry out a variety of recurring technical activities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position; 24/7 operation; 3 shifts; overtime and weekend work is common.
This position requires no travel.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Control Room Operators/Dispatchers typically work in the control room, or route centers. Their work can be stressful because total concentration is required at all times. Night, weekend, and rotating shifts are common. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job for investigations and watching system status include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This job is for the most part sedentary.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear through a handheld radio and telephone. The employee is frequently exposed the baggage handling system, mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.