Control Room Operators shall monitor the operational status of existing BHS and PBB as well as the new BHS from the Control Room via the MIS and the MDS, at all hours of the operational day. Conducts investigations and administrate work orders and reports.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Alert maintenance personnel through radio communications of faults or failures and dispatch them to the appropriate location.
- Monitor system status, balancing, statistical reports, and make-up assignments for the user airlines.
- Daily coordination with TSA, CBRA and OSR staff as required to maintain system operational status.
- Analysis of existing CBIS/BHS and MSC BHS faults, developing remedial action plans and providing reports to the O&M Manager regarding the overall cause of system faults.
- Make BHS operational decisions, initiating and coordinating implementation of any backup/fallback procedures necessary to facilitate continued operations (e.g., choosing alternative routings via reversible conveyors, initiating use of fallback tags, coordination with user airlines, etc.).
- Ensure smooth daily start-ups by reviewing start-up check lists and procedures
- Determine/coordinate configuration changes to bypass off-service conveyor
- Report and track service calls and technical issues internally
- Generate and distribute work orders thru CMMS system, including closing completed work order
- Generate weekly and monthly reports
- Perform regular Preventative Maintenance (PM) of Control Room equipment
- Determines sequence and approach with little assistance
- Carries out a variety of control room activities with little assistance
- Communicates regularly with customers and technicians over the phone and radio
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Computer experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport I.D. Badge
- Minimum 1 year working experience in an material handling (baggage handling, material, warehouse, distribution center, etc) environment
- Technically inclined, with potential to learn and grow into maintaining material handling systems
- Working knowledge of computers and equipment
- Team player with strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to solve problems under pressure
- Flexibility with time, able to shift priorities quickly based on staff and system needs
- Pro-active attitude towards process improvement
- Detail oriented
- Innovative, self-starter and pro-active
- Decision making ability
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to carry out a variety of recurring technical activities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position; 24/7 operation; 3 shifts; overtime and weekend work is common.
This position requires no travel.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Control Room Operators/Dispatchers typically work in the control room, or route centers. Their work can be stressful because total concentration is required at all times. Night, weekend, and rotating shifts are common. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job for investigations and watching system status include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This job is for the most part sedentary.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear through a handheld radio and telephone. The employee is frequently exposed the baggage handling system, mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position, eligible to receive an hourly rate and to participate in an annual performance bonus program. The salary range listed represents the maximum and minimum starting base pay for this position as of the time of posting. Final salary offered will be determined based on factors including but not limited to the candidate's skills and experience. The annual performance bonus program is preset and not candidate dependent.
Initial hourly rate: $24.00
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.