The Controls/Electrical Internship program is an interdisciplinary program that consists of PLC programing, SCADA programing, Electrical Engineering, and Controls Commissioning. The program will run for 11 weeks and is a paid opportunity. Students are expected to work normal business hours: Monday through Friday. Program dates are May17th – July31st (These dates are still being finalized).
- At the end of the program, the candidates will:
- Understand the basics of how Automated Material Handling Systems work.
- Be able to program a PLC and HMI, design a control panel, and commission a conveyor system.
- Gain insights into how global companies operates.
- Be able to successfully work as part of an engineering team.
The engineering department consist of over 100 mechanical, controls, electrical, and layout engineers. These engineers are separated into Warehouse, Parcel, and Airport divisions. The engineering department as a whole is responsible for defining, designing, and specifying material handling systems that meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university pursuing Computer Science, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Grade level: Senior
- GPA requirement: 3.0 or greater
- Work Hours: Available 24-40 hrs per week M-F
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Capability to take ownership of tasks
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Results oriented
- Driven to succeed