As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacturing, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
We are currently looking for an Automated Storage and Retrieval System (AS/RS) support engineer supporting the Vanderlande ADAPTO AS/RS solution with a focus on low level controls (PLC) and SCADA support.
As an AS/RS support engineer you will be working as part of a global support team to assist Vanderlande customers with the Adapto 3D shuttle based automated storage and retrieval system (AS/RS). Your role will be to triage and diagnose system errors, faults and disruptions. You will work closely with the customer as well as onsite team to quickly restore service. This position will reside within the North American Service Center (NASC). The NASC is part of the Vanderlande Global Support Network, which is responsible for registering, tracking, documenting and handling disruptions, errors and inquiries regarding automated material handling solutions supported by Vanderlande Services for North America, and other sites as and when required.
ASRS Support Engineer:
The candidate must be able to demonstrate 3+ years’ experience working as a site based or remote support engineer with a focus on ASRS technologies as well as Low Level Controls (LLC) SCADA, MFC, WMS,WCS, WIFI and PLC. The candidates should be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of commissioning, installing and successful troubleshooting of complex material handling systems.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- PLC and HMI Programming
- Hardware and software commissioning
- Mechanical adjustment of installed equipment
- Hotline support for recent installations
- Training for internal and customer teams
- Work with NASC on incident- management for Vanderlande supported material handling solutions
- Support of Low-Level-Controls systems, and PLC issues raised by customers
- Able to diagnose, and rectify Low-Level-Controls and PLC faults within tight deadlines
- Work to process and escalate as required
- Write up incident summaries and provide reports as and when required
- Willing to work on shift and be on out of hours on call cover
Required Education and Experience:
- Experienced to degree level in a relevant engineering competency
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in ASRS controls technology
- Hands-on experience with Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written
- Some experience with high-level controls. (SCADA, IT Networks, databases, software, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science or 5+ years of equivalent experience.
- Understand Controls software for automated logistics systems
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to prioritize work as and when needed
- Good team player
- Willing to learn and improve technical capabilities
- Pragmatic and proactive
- Good analytical skills
- Solution-oriented attitude
- Great troubleshooter and problem solver
- Service minded
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, working within a call center environment with a potential for on call availability covering extended hours 7 days per week.
- Occasional travel to customer sites in North America is required.
- Some international travel will be required for training purposes.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The role may require site visits, and candidates should be able to access unhindered these environments, in order to perform essential functions of this job. These will include site inspections and visual checks if and when required.
The role will require the candidate once established to provide cover for other team members, and assist in training, development and mentoring of other members of the team. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.