Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting and Diagnostics on the existing Controls and IT Systems.
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis and to avoid further incidents.
- Actively work to create long term solutions to repetitive problems.
- Solve unique or repetitive problems on the system.
- Support Maintenance teams by providing leadership and training to minimize potential problems
- Works systematically; applies well known methods and techniques and tooling to achieve concrete and known results.
- Innovate new solutions and prevent future problems.
- Clearly report to customers and internal customers on status of system and operations and come up with usable insights; propose improvements.
- Develop tools and methods to measure performance.
- Provide ongoing operational support to colleagues as well as customers during incidents.
- Provides support outside of normal business hours to warehouse operations 24/7.
- Availability on site.
- Create workarounds to incidents until the incident is resolved.
- Input to develop post incident lessons learned.
- Lead all root cause analysis and provide written analysis as well as deliver presentations.
- Develop and provide process documentation and operating instructions to team members.
- Work closely with clients and subcontractors.
- Willing to travel domestically 80% of the time (some international).
- Strict adherence to all safety regulations.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Computer/Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) year experience in operating and maintaining material handling systems or similar automated systems that contain conveyors, sorting systems, singulators or robotics.
- Knowledge and experience reading Motor Control Panel Prints as well as working with Motor Control Panels.
- Knowledge of 24-volt DC, 120-volt AC and 480-volt AC circuits.
- Experience with Fiber/Cat 5 communications, Nord, SEW, Siemens or Allen Bradley VFDs, Profibus communications, ASi Networks, Controlnet, and TCP/IP.
- At least two (2) years’ experience programming Siemens and Allen Bradley Programmable Logic Controllers and formalized PLC training.
- Experience with computer-based drafting/design; Auto CAD
- Preferred skills in understanding and designing PLC programs (Allen Bradley, Siemens or Modicon preferred), SCADA systems (Allen-Bradley (RSview required, Wonderware preferred) …) and networks (i.e. Ethernet, Control Net, Device Net,)
- Result driven attitude from a realistic perspective.
- Ability to judge results and the consequences and take actions accordingly.
- Strong team mentality and acceptance of responsibility for project completion
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills
- Self-motivated with proven ability in problem solving skills under stressful conditions
- Ability to work well with team members
- Quality driven mentality
- Interpret and knowing of procedures and regulations
- Execute independently the job within the project team (not always routine)
- Knowledgeable of electrical and controls engineering theories and principles
- Electrical aptitude and knowledge of acceptable practices, techniques, and codes
- Skilled in understanding and designing Engineering science: Logic and Programming
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.