Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Knowledge of PLC and HMI Programming
- Understand TCP/IP message protocol and troubleshoot via log files.
- Complete system I/O and device-level checkout and validation. Troubleshoot and correct component problems (PLC, field devices, network repeaters, etc.) as required.
- Conduct testing, validate, and troubleshoot various communications and controls networks such as Ethernet IP, Device Net, Control Net, Profi-bus, AS-I, and CAN.
- Conduct mechanical adjustment of installed equipment
- Conduct training for internal and customer teams
- Work with CSC on incident- management for Vanderlande supported material handling solutions
- Support of Low-Level-Controls systems, and PLC issues raised by customers
- Able to diagnose, and rectify Low-Level-Controls and PLC faults within tight deadlines
- Work to process and escalate as required
- Work hand in hand with Process and IT Engineer to analyze data and logistics processes and the automation solution to make improvement proposals for the total logistics process in both systems and operational terms.
- Quantify benefits of proposed improvements by utilizing data analytics (industry standard metrics such as payback period, ROI, etc.).
- Clearly report to external and internal customers on status of system and operations and provide useful insights.
- Act at an operational and tactical level by presenting the benefits of system and operational improvements through business cases, reports, workshops, etc in a convincing and constructive way to internal and external customers.
- Write up incident summaries and provide reports as and when required
- Willing to work on shift and be on out of hours on call cover
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; or 4 to 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience supporting automated systems using electro-mechanical skills.
- Experienced in HMI & SCADA systems
- Practical knowledge in I/O bus systems (ASI, Profibus, Profinet)
- Must understand system perspective, requirements and familiarized with project life cycle
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written
- Experience with high-level controls (SCADA, IT Networks, databases, software, etc.)
- Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport I.D. Badge
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited program
- 2+ years of experience in engineering material handling solutions with knowledge of the following systems – Siemens PLC systems s7-300, s7-1500 series PLCs
- Experience supporting Hotline/Helpdesk operations.
- Understand Controls software for automated logistics systems
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to prioritize work as and when needed
- Good team player
- Willing to learn and improve technical capabilities
- Pragmatic and proactive
- Good analytical skills with use of software such as xcel and other data analytic tools.
- Solution-oriented attitude
- Great troubleshooter and problem solver
- Service minded
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.