Position Title: Controls Project Engineer Intern
- Objective or goals of the intern’s role
- Department overview
- Internship Program overview:
Vanderlande’s Spring internship program will run for 11 weeks. This is a paid opportunity. Students are expected to work normal business hours: Monday through Friday. Program dates are May 18th- July 31st (These dates are still being finalized).
Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Execute projects with a positive result contribution on technical performance.
- Assists Controls Project Engineers in the execution of complex, small/medium/large, and unique projects.
- Realization of controls applications and subsystems based on user requirements and functional specifications.
- Learn, interpret, and apply procedures, standards, and regulations.
- Write, debug, and test PLC and HMI code under direction of lead engineer(s).
- Write detailed design documents (i.e. Controls Architecture) under direction of lead engineer(s).
- Write and execute test plans (FAT, SAT, load, rate, system tests) under direction of lead engineer(s).
- Communicate closely with other groups within VI and the project team (i.e. Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Installation).
- Support continuous improvement actions to elevate the experience of other Engineers.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university pursuing (associates, bachelors, etc.)
- Knowledge of PLC’s (Allen Bradley preferred) and ladder logic.
- Ability to read structured text, write preferred.
- Ability to travel to site to assist in start-up.
- Communication and networking (i.e. ASibus, Ethernet, TCP/IP, Profinet).
- Knowledge of Electrical & Controls Engineering theories and principles.
- Experience with computer-based drafting/design; Auto CAD.
- Material Handling experience.
- Ability to quickly assess a situation and take appropriate action.
- Proactive, result driven, and hands on work ethic with a focus on quality.
- Strong team-oriented mentality and acceptance of responsibility for project completion.
- Self-motivated with an ability in problem solving & troubleshooting.
- Ability to work well with team members.
- Logical Mentality.