Would you like to progress your career in a dynamic, rewarding and market-leading environment? If the answer is “yes”, then look no further than Vanderlande! We’ll give you the opportunity to work with our inspiring and talented experts on world-class projects – while growing your network, broadening your experience and expanding your horizons.
As Controls Project Engineer you design and program PLC controls for our material handling systems at our office in Veghel, meeting high quality demands on a project basis. During the engineering phase you work closely together with a multidisciplinary project team to deliver a Functional Specification. After that, you are responsible for the detailed design, programming, and testing of the PLC software. When the engineering phase is finished, you will go to the customer site to do the commissioning of the conveyor system. The customer site can be anywhere in the world. During this commissioning phase you carry out functional testing of the PLC hardware and software. You are also responsible for integrating your PLC software in the overall control system and assist in the customer acceptance testing. During the execution of the project you closely monitor the available budget and the agreed schedule, and you take the appropriate actions when necessary.
The Project Engineering department is responsible for the worldwide execution of projects in which the different components (mechanical, electromechanical and controls) of our material handling systems are implemented. Working under the supervision of a Project Leader, closely working together with the Integration Manager, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, the Controls Project Engineer is part of a multidisciplinary team of Engineers.
Successfully completed education at HBO (higher vocational education) level in Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Automation, Computer Science or Controls Technology.
- At least 3 years experience in a comparable position is preferred
- Strong analytic skills
- Proactive, pragmatic and hands on attitude
- Delivering feedback and best practice to improve our products
- Communicating with regular progress reports
- Managing deadlines and milestones
- Knowledge of and experience in PLC applications (TIA Portal)
- Willing to work regularly for extended periods in other countries (up to 50% of your time)
- Good command of the English language
- Good command of the Dutch language is preferred
What we offer
In the challenging and responsible position of Controls Project Engineer you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande Industries. Our organisation has been named for several years in a row as ‘Top Employer’ and ‘Best Employer’. We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of scope for personal development.
Beside your fixed salary, you’ll receive the following secondary benefits:
- 27 days’ vacation & 13 ADV (working hours reduction) days
- Flexible working hours
- Training facilities
- Company Health Center (Fitness, Bootcamp, Running Academy, etc.)
- Collective pension scheme and insurance facilities for healthcare, car, WGA (Return to Work Scheme for the Partially Disabled) etc.
If the challenging profile appeals to you, apply now by filling in the application form and uploading your CV and cover letter. For more information, please contact Michelle van der Schoot, Recruiter +31 413 49 52 88.