The UK engineering team works as an integrated part of the Worldwide Vanderlande Engineering team consisting of over 1000 engineers from all automated handling disciplines. An Engineer joining the UK team has the opportunities and potential to join a wide and diverse range of projects, we are looking for an Engineer with the passion and willingness to engineer and develop designs for projects, the ability to follow challenging standards and overall to add value to our customers at home and abroad.
The role will conform with rules, systems and protocol. The area of work will be administrative, have specialist and technical aspects and the person fulfilling the role should have the persistence to see a job through to conclusion. The incumbent should be dependable, loyal, a good listener and enjoy working in a logical and systematic manner. Standard operating procedures are important aspects of this role and as such, it will require an individual who is organised, structured, self- controlled and capable of communicating facts within the required area of knowledge and expertise. The person fulfilling this role should be consistent in approach, analytical, sensitive and precise.
Your responsibilities and activities will be:
- Advise and reviews projects in the sales phase (compliancy check) – Translate and optimise the as sold functionality to a working LLC design within the budget available in co-operation with other disciplines (LLC, HLC, Installation etc.)
- Advise Project Leader Engineering, Integration Manager and Project Manager with solutions of technical and multi-disciplinary systems.
- Create detail design, based on a system design and controls architecture according the VI work method
- Realise controls applications and integrate into (sub)systems based on LLC design and standards (build and configure, generate / program)
- Execute pre-commissioning, such as I/O, MRT and cabinet functionality.
- Execute commissioning, such as functionality, capacity and requirements testing.
- Jointly execute LLC integration, such as Area to Area, third party equipment and SCADA.
- Create documentation and a test and validation plan (FAT, SAT) based on MTP, for own work field and in tune with other disciplines.
- Execute tests in house and/or on site including creating/supporting integration tests.
- Create detailed LLC planning from overall project plan.
- Reports progress to Project Leader Engineering.
Role Qualification and Skills
- Able to develop LLC code in relevant platform, such as Siemens S7.
- Has knowledge of SCADA applications in relevant platforms, such as WinCC and WebFactory.
- Able to develop safety systems using relevant platforms, such as Siemens S7-F, PILZ and conventional.
- Health and safety risk analysis on component and system level.
- Understands material handling systems on a system level.
- Knowledge of customer processes in relevant market segments
- EM components, cabinets and field wiring.
- Previous experience in test strategies, test methods, risk analysis and tooling, such as Quality Center, Jenkins and emulation tooling.
- Has knowledge of Material Handling Equipment.
- Has knowledge of business process automation (HLC)
What we offer
- 28 days of annual leave (excluding public holidays)
- Bupa Medical Cover
- YuLife – Wellbeing membership with fast access to GP appointments, promotion of health and wellbeing along with daily quests to gain Yucoins that can be swapped for shopping vouchers
- Perkbox includes things such as free eye tests at Specsavers including discounts on Glasses, free cinema vouchers and a weekly free coffee from Nero. Along with hundreds of savings on day-to-day shopping, trips etc.
- A challenging work environment with lots of opportunities of career progression.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with Aviva