Would you like to progress your career in a dynamic, rewarding and market-leading environment? If the answer is “yes”, then look no further than Vanderlande! We’ll give you the opportunity to work with our inspiring and talented experts on world-class projects – while growing your network, broadening your experience and expanding your horizons.
As Controls Project Engineer you design and program PLC controls for our material handling systems at our office in Veghel, meeting high quality demands on a project basis. During the engineering phase you work closely together with a multidisciplinary project team to deliver a Functional Specification. After that, you are responsible for the detailed design, programming, and testing of the PLC software. When the engineering phase is finished, you will go to the customer site to do the commissioning of the conveyor system. The customer site can be anywhere in the world. During this commissioning phase you carry out functional testing of the PLC hardware and software. You are also responsible for integrating your PLC software in the overall control system and assist in the customer acceptance testing. During the execution of the project you closely monitor the available budget and the agreed schedule, and you take the appropriate actions when necessary.
Successfully completed education at HBO (higher vocational education) level in Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Automation, Computer Science or Controls Technology.
- This vacancy is for both junior and more senior engineers
- Strong analytic skills
- Proactive, pragmatic and hands on attitude
- Delivering feedback and best practice to improve our products
- Communicating with regular progress reports
- Managing deadlines and milestones
- Knowledge of and experience in PLC applications (TIA Portal)
- Willing to work regularly for extended periods in other countries (up to 50% of your time)
- Good command of the English language
The Project Engineering department is responsible for the worldwide execution of projects in which the different components (mechanical, electromechanical and controls) of our material handling systems are implemented. Working under the supervision of a Project Leader, closely working together with the Integration Manager, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, the Controls Project Engineer is part of a multidisciplinary team of Engineers.
What we offer
This position offers a competitive salary range of € 3.600 to € 4.600 gross per month (excluding 8% holiday allowance). Through exceeding performance expectations, you even have the possibility to grow outside this scale.
On top of your fixed salary you’ll receive the following secondary benefits:
- 40 vacation days (20 statutory days and a flexible budget worth 20 days).
- Flexible working hours.
- A hybrid workplace (40% working from home and 60% in the office).
- A Health & Wellbeing budget worth €300,- per calendar year.
- Commuting allowance, including full reimbursement of travel by public transport.
- Working from home allowance.
- Collective pension scheme and discount on additional health insurance.
- On-site company health centres with a gym, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
- Vanderlande Academy and training facilities to boost your skills.
- A variety in Vanderlande Network communities and initiatives.
- And a great company restaurant and coffee bar with barista.
If the role of Controls Project engineer appeals to you, then please apply now! For more information on the position, please contact Jasper Pijnenburg (Recruiter), +31 413 49 44 08
Diversity & Inclusion
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.