Are you a great PLC R&D Engineer?
So, let's talk.
We are looking for a talented individual to fill a position of PLC R&D Engineer in our team who will be responsible for the development of machinery for the different sectors of activity within Vanderlande (Airport, Warehousing, Parcel).
Who are we?
We are the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, including Walmart, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
At Vanderlande, we support our employees in developing their expertise. We provide them with the knowledge, the tools and above all we offer them our support to meet their ambitions.
Working for us also means collaborating with motivated people and developing solid relationships to jointly meet the challenges posed by international and stimulating projects.
As PLC R&D Engineer, your main responsibility will be: designing, developing, and managing the products and projects assigned to you. But also, ensuring the quality, the environment, and the safety standards in all processes.
Specific responsibilities in this role include, but not limited:
As a controls support engineer you will have to adapt the functionality of the machine, to the definition of a project, through automation in codes or PLC programs, following the safety, environment and quality protocols
- Plan the project, identifying the activities to be carried out, the necessary resources, the deadlines and expected costs.
- Participate in the design phase of the automation of the machines
- Monitor the compliance of the working hours of each team and assess the monitoring of the planning
- Prepare documentation associated to the machine, during and after the project.
- Support start-ups, both at the factory level and at the customer's home
- Support the service department and maintain communication with the other departments.
- Ensure that the project meets the appropriate safety, environmental and quality standards.
- Handles incidents, problems, changes, preventive maintenance tasks and service tasks.
- Manages the customer expectations while performing the job according to the process definitions.
- Identifies improvement possibilities in technology, processes and toolings.
- Electrical Engineering, Electronics or similar position experience of 3 to 5 years.
- Knowledge of TIA Portal at an advanced level
- Knowledge of networking protocols and communications
- Knowledge of high level controls
- Interpretation of electrical diagrams
- Knowledge of Safety in ISO13849 Machines
- High level English
Furthermore, as a team player with a strong analytical mindset, you are/have:
- A self starter who likes to take initiatives and innovate;
- Recognized for your organizational abilities and for being result-oriented;
- Good communication and project management skills.