Are you a technical service expert?
Industrial Automation requires a new generation of Support Experts, this role is rapidly changing to a more demanding role to address the ever-changing operational technology (OT) in the production environment together with our customers. Within Vanderlande we follow this new trend and therefore we are looking for you to strengthen our team!
As Operational Technology Support Expert FSC you are responsible for providing operational excellence support for a wide variety of customer specific software programs from the OT systems. The FSC (Flow System Controller) is a Vanderlande specific product which integrates the state-of-the-art technology in the automation industry taking care of the equipment control level. You handle Incidents, Problems, Changes and Services Requests that are dispatched by the 1st and 2nd level Service Desks.
You are joining the SD EU-APAC Expert Support team and your main focus is analyzing, troubleshooting incidents and create solutions at the customer site. You analyse the cause of the incident and come up with solutions to prevent reoccurrences and minimizes the impact of incidents that cannot be prevented (problem management). You'll then prepare, implement and test the agreed changes and implement a permanent solution (change management).
Performing health checks independently, advising on controls-related matters and modifications to systems, performing quality assurance and taking care of the seamless integration during Service- and Product Take Overs are your daily activities as well.
The majority of these support tasks are carried out from our office via VPN connections. In addition, there is a need to carry out occasional work on site, inside or outside Europe. You can think of conducting health checks, problem- and change- management, corrective maintenance, training, ramp up– and peak support or for a short time participate in projects for knowledge purposes. During office and site work you can fall back on a team of colleagues and site-based teams.
You participate actively in the development and implementation of improvements (technology, processes and tooling) because you and your colleagues are the contact person for operational technology software related problems that cannot be resolved locally. Therefore, you are an important link between the different internal service organisations, technology departments and the different business units.
As an Operational Technology Support Expert FSC you have frequent customer contact, so it’s very important to have excellent communication skills. You analyze problems, you listen to the customer needs and you can translate this into technical solutions;
- Bachelor Degree in a technical subject e.g. Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Software or Industrial Automation
- You have relevant working experience with Operational Technology during commissioning, installing, troubleshooting and debugging in an international environment
- Knowledge of C++, QNX and Linux
- You have experience with field buses e.g. IE (PROFINET), PROFIBUS, ASi and networks
- Knowledge of PLC (Siemens Step 7 and TIA Portal) and SCADA is an advantage
- You have strong analytical capabilities, together with an entrepreneurial and pro-active approach
- Experience with big data analysis tools (Splunk)
- You are eager to learn and have the ability to continuously improve the technology, processes and yourself
- You are flexible and able to deal with stressful situations
- You are service oriented, friendly, proactive and can work independently
- Your English is excellent, both spoken and written
- Willing to work in a stand-by schedule together with your team
- Willing to travel extensively around the world up to about 30% of your time
Within Vanderlande, our Service business represents approximately 20% of Vanderlande’s total revenue and is growing rapidly. The Service Desk EU-APAC is a globally operating service organization responsible to support (24/7) the Operational and Informational systems of customers for both of our business units: Warehouse Solutions and Airport and Parcel Solutions.
The Service Desk EU-APAC is part of the Service Deployment Group, which develops, deploys and delivers quality and effectiveness of our (new) service solutions and capabilities and consists of more than 200 employees who work together to ensure that our services closely connect to our customer’s business needs
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career.
This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programmes, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game.
What we offer
In the challenging and responsible position of Operational Technology Support Expert FSC you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to industry-leading projects and be connected to our dedicated people and customers. We offer a position in an informal, international and professional working environment with a lot of scope for personal development. By joining our profitable and growing company you will be able to reach your goals and focus on your future.
This position offers a competitive salary range of € 4.100,– to € 5.300,– gross per month (excluding 8% holiday allowance). Through exceeding performance expectations, you even have the possibility to grow outside this scale.
On top of your fixed salary you’ll receive the following secondary benefits:
- 40 vacation days (20 statutory days and a flexible budget worth 20 days).
- Flexible working hours.
- A hybrid workplace (40% working from home and 60% in the office).
- A Health & Wellbeing budget worth €300,- per calendar year.
- Commuting allowance, including full reimbursement of travel by public transport.
- Working from home allowance.
- Collective pension scheme and discount on additional health insurance.
- On-site company health centres with a gym, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
- Vanderlande Academy and training facilities to boost your skills.
- A variety in Vanderlande Network communities and initiatives.
- And a great company restaurant and coffee bar with barista.
If the challenging profile of Operational Technology Support Expert FSC appeals to you, apply now by filling in the application form and uploading you CV and cover letter. For more information about this vacancy, please contact Chiel Janssen, Recruiter (+31 413 494 102)