External Job Description
Vanderlande is looking for a skilled PLC controls engineer for a vacancy at King Abdulaziz International Airport as part of the Operations and Maintenance team for the baggage handling system.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate several years’ experience working in Controls Engineering, with site based service or an office role supporting Low Level Controls (LLC) and PLC’s for customers. They should be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of commissioning, installing and/or debugging of PLCs and IPCs. They must have experience in Siemens PLC’s, a knowledge of SCADA especially WinCC, field buses (PROFIBUS, ASI), a knowledge of networks.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Work as part of a shift team supporting a 24/7 operation.
- Support of Low-Level-Controls and safety systems.
- Able to diagnose, and rectify Low-Level-Controls and PLC faults within tight deadlines.
- Able to perform PLC checks, modifications and updates as needed.
- Work to process and escalate as required.
- Write up incident summaries and provide reports as and when required.
- Willing to work on shift and be on out of hours on call cover.
- Willing to work temporarily at other regional sites in EMEA.
Required Education and Experience:
- Experienced to degree level in a relevant engineering competency.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in controls technology.
- Hands-on experience with Siemens PLC – ideally S7 series.
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Some experience with high-level controls. (SCADA, IT Networks, databases, software, etc).
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Understand Controls software for automated logistics systems.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Able to prioritize work as and when needed.
- Good team player.
- Willing to learn and improve technical capabilities.
- Pragmatic and proactive.
- Good analytical skills.
- Solution-oriented attitude.
- Great troubleshooter and problem solver.
- Service minded.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, located at the airport terminal on shift rota providing 24/7 support.