As a Cost Engineer you will be responsible for reviewing cost levels of existing CAP records and propose cost for new records if necessary. You will be making Cost analysis and track the expenses of projects. You will be responsible for monitoring the cost of project and do overrun/underrun analysis.
Your tasks and responsibilities
You will work as a Cost Engineer, which offers you different tasks in the field of Support to Sourcing and Supply to Project departments. Your main focus will be on:
- Perform cost analysis’ on projects.
- Create and maintain costing for projects.
- Keep track of target cost vs realization during Project lifecycle.
- Use cost and value engineering techniques to create additional value and/or reduce cost.
- Maintain up to date knowledge on upcoming product changes and assess impact on costs.
- Monitoring CAP versus actual costs – taking corrective actions if necessary.
- Analyzing equipment or category cost across customer projects.
- Setting up reference projects for benchmarking purpose.
- Reporting cost trends for raw materials, equipment, categories or reference projects.
- Contribute to tooling and process improvements.
- Capture supply chain lessons learned for improvement purposes.
Vanderlande is dedicated to improving its customers’ business processes and competitive position. Vanderlande is the expert in automated material handling systems, which we mainly deliver to our customers by executing projects that focus on design, own manufacturing, 3rd party supply and installation of these systems. Our systems and associated services enable fast, reliable, goods handling in distribution centers, parcel and postal sortation facilities, as well as baggage handling at airports.
The Global Supply Chain organization plays a key role in the world-wide deliveries of products and services to Vanderlande solutions and consist of 3 Supply Chain Centers (SCC) in Europe, North America and Asia Pacific. Supply Chain Coordination Europe is part of SCC Europe and is responsible for coordinating these Vanderlande projects within Supply Chain.
For this position, we ask you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field of study (e.g. Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Instrumentation & Control Engineering);
- Relevant knowledge of / experience in cost engineering (CE) and preferably value engineering (VE) with strong analytical skills.
- Minimum 5 to 9 years’ Experience with Manufacturing and Supply Chain processes.
- Experience with the material handling industry.
- Strong skill to build constructive cross-functional relationships.
- Strong Knowledge in Microsoft Office (Advance Excel skills.)
- Strong ability to interact with colleagues.
- Works well in multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career.
This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programs, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com