Vanderlande is a strong growing company thanks to bid wins at our customers with our products, solutions, and services. As part of the Strategic Costing & Verification team, you own the methodology for the cost calculation process used for our customer bids. These bids easily exceed 50M EUR and are often a multiple of that! As a Costing Consultant, you will work on the tools and content that are needed to prepare these bids, you will ensure that the cost data in our calculation system (CAP – computer-aided pricing tool) is adequate and accurate, and you will support the Sales Teams in preparing these bids. Together with our Business Unit stakeholders you will prepare overviews of our costs, our cost structure, and drive initiatives for further improvements and the completeness of our cost models.
Your tasks and responsibilities
You will work as a Costing Consultant, which offers you various tasks supporting and coordinating with different departments, a.o. the Business Units and our international Customer Centers, Supply Chain organization (including procurement and manufacturing), Technology organization (R&D), etc.
Your focus will be on:
- Performing standard checks on the costing/pricing calculation files for approvals and guiding stakeholders on preparing official costing/pricing documents, where required.
- Setting up reference projects for cost monitoring and benchmarking purposes;
- Conversion with explanation of old project cost calculation file to current file, reflecting cost updates.
- Securing the data used in the costing tools is complete, accurate, up-to-date
- Supporting in data analysis to improve our cost tool as well as the values used in the tools
- Support, coaching and training the Business users in making detailed cost calculations.
- Supporting DfX programs to improve product costs.
- Participate in defining cost models for newly developed products and services;
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge on upcoming product changes and assess impact on costs and the cost modeling there-of;
- Analyzing equipment or category costs across customer projects;
- Contribute to continuous improvement programs.
The Strategic Costing & Verification department in India reports directly to the WS voice management with strong connection to Head office Strategic Costing & Verification department in The Netherlands.
There is strong cooperation with various departments within Vanderlande (sales engineering, cost engineering, sourcing, R&D, engineering etc.
For this position, we ask you to have:
- A Bachelor degree in a technical field of study (e.g. Mechanical/ electrical/controls);
- Advanced computer Excel/database/analytic skills;
- 3 to 5 years of business experience, preferably in an international Material Handling automation company.
- Commercial and international affinity
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written;
- Fluency in English, as well as a strong cultural awareness.