Data Analyst- Manufacturing
The Master Data Specialist will support the Vanderlande Manufacturing Team and is responsible for gathering information from various systems, analysis and interpretation the data in order to report findings to multiple levels of the organization. This role will play a part in data governance, maintenance, and improving process efficiency.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Create, adjust and improve master data records that are used in a multitude of processes.
- Use standard software offering (Microsoft) to simplify queries to make repetitive work easier and trustworthy in quality when peers need to daily utilize the solution offered.
- Validate source data, document and communicate scope of business application requests.
- Identify and quantify root-cause data quality issues within the organization and assist in the development of plans toward resolution.
- Variance analysis, investigation, solution proposals and ability to change direction quickly.
- Perform weekly reporting and analysis to Upper Management business partners.
- Work on ad hoc projects as requested driving toward continuous improvement.
- Building and testing models to estimate project costs and hours (R)
- Implement statistical hypothesis tests to measure model performance (R)
- Build visual dashboards for department management team to track key metrics (R)
- Revamp various department tools to improve process efficiency (Excel, VBA)
- Perform ad-hoc analysis for various Manufacturing departments (R, Tableau, Excel)
- Need strong ability to train, audit and measure adoption of new processes to assure adherence and identify adjustment and improvement opportunities.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Data Science, IT Focus area or similar is a plus.
- 2+ years of work experience in a data analyst role
- High level of organization and detail oriented
- Experience working in teams
- Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Business analysis 1 to 2 years (Preferred)
- Advanced / Master User with Microsoft Excel
- Must convey to colleagues the importance of data integrity and how all Vanderlande employees can play an active part in a sustainable responsibility to maintain it.
- Ability to work in a team and understand the human consequences to process change.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills to bring people together
- Knowledge and Ability to work well with Excel
- Ability to adapt to different situations/Flexible
- Must have great customer service and willingness to serve internal customers
- Must express professional negotiating skills to convey the end goal in mind.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a high energy office environment
- Must be hands on and have a “take charge mentality”
- Confidence in data validity and presentation a must
- Adept in the English language, both verbal and written, since this is essential in our culturally diverse global work.
- Ability to work independently
Position Type / Expected Workdays:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday with coverage through 5:00 PM in support of the second shift in Manufacturing for training and support. Must work within Vanderlande’s Global Data Governance Policy.
This position does not require travel and will be based in Acworth, GA full-time.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.