Data Science Product Manager
Do you have a curious mind and do you like to dig deeper to understand your customers’ challenges and their underlying causes? Do you have a deep belief that the right information at the right level and with the right timing is the key to reach any set goal?
Are you pragmatic and goal-driven, able to assess the value of potential features or solutions and can you ruthlessly prioritise in order to ensure your portfolio adds value? And finally, are you a people-person, natural leader and do you like working with multi-disciplinary, international teams to reach a common goal?
This job might be perfect for you.
Within the business unit Airports, the Market Leading Solutions (MLS) department is responsible for developing and maintaining the total portfolio of solutions for our Aviation customers. Our goal is to enable our customers to provide their passengers with a seamless travel experience and to do so through positive and innovative change.
Our teams keep track of technological trends and identify, develop and offer innovative solutions that meet the needs and desires of our customers.
Within MLS, the Airport IT team focusses on smart, innovative digital solutions that enable our customers to get better insights into their operations, identify new opportunities to improve, and even pursue new revenue generating opportunities that ultimately all improve their passengers’ experience.
The Airport IT team is currently looking for an experienced product manager to lead our multidisciplinary Data Science product group.
Our Data Science proposition aims at:
- Providing Airport operations and maintenance organisations with the required analytical insights to define, measure and track the performance in their strategic areas.
- Providing predictive and prescriptive insights that support operational as well as maintenance activities
- Integrating those insights into our underlying Operational IT solutions to build smarter, more flexible systems
All while keeping in mind the different stakeholders and their levels within our customers organisation and fine tuning our offering to be user and goal-centric.
As the Data Science product manager you act as a Business Consultant and a linking pin between IT/Data Science and Vanderlande’s business.
- You will manage the full product life cycle of the proposition, from market & product research, competitive analysis, to planning, positioning, roadmap development, requirements development, and product launch.
- You will identify and prioritise product and market requirements based on interaction with customers, sales, service, marketing, deployment, service, regulators, market research, etc.
- You will define user cases for new solutions and features to be developed, and create a clear business case for budget requests for the shorter and longer term
- You will define an overall strategy and co-define the roadmap for our Data Science proposition
- You will manage and track the roadmap, closely follow the developments as it progresses and ensure the development team delivers a solution that fulfills the needs
- You will head and coordinate activities across cross-functional teams
- You will define suitable business models based on our customers and our own needs
- You will monitor and set prices on products in the product line to meet revenue and profitability goals
- You will lead product or feature launches and release plans together with Marketing Support and Training teams
Your qualifications and skills
For the role of Data Science Product Manager, we are looking for a team player with exemplary people and communication skills, coupled with the savviness and maturity needed to gain the respect of senior management and clients. An independent self-starter who goes above and beyond the expected requirements of the role.
Furthermore, we’re looking for the following skills:
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Business Economics, Business Information Technology, Business Analytics or similar
- 10+ years of experience in the Aviation Industry and/or Data Science Industry
- Proven experience in a commercial, product management and/or technical marketing role
- A proven track record of fulfilling a bridge function between business needs and technically oriented data science and AI staff
- Ability to see the bigger picture while keeping track of details
- Excellent influencing skills and non-hierarchical leadership skills within cross-functional teams
- Decisiveness while taking in multiple views and contradicting opinions to prevent tunnel vision
- Resilient and able to strike the right balance between quality, cost and time
- Tactful and diplomatic communication skills and cultural awareness
- A positive attitude and a true promoter of your teams ideas
- A passion for data analysis, data-informed product innovation, building and shaping data culture
- Willingness to travel up to 20% globally
If this role appeals to you, you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com
For more information, please contact Chrissy Broeders, Recruiter – +31 413 495 679