Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports, and sorting systems for parcel and postal services. Working within London Office and customer sites across the UK, the Database Analyst (Oracle/Unix role) will be a project resource providing Baggage IT Support to Project teams. The Database Analyst will have a strong understanding of infrastructure technologies with high skill levels in Oracle Database and SUSE Linux disciplines. The candidate must have the ability to make technical decisions and evaluate how changes will impact the operation. Work closely within a small team of highly skilled infrastructure project resources responsible for O/S, Database & Middleware technologies – Oracle (including Dataguard), Weblogic, UNIX, Windows, SQL Server, primary role is to support and develop Heathrow based projects and test environments, work away from Heathrow maybe necessary.
- To provide technical and architectural support to project teams.
- Work on projects requiring changes to O/S, Database & Middleware technologies – Oracle, Weblogic, SUSE LINIX, Windows.
- Strong database (Oracle) skills, ability to analyse database performance and improve performance in a high pressure mission critical environment.
- Maintain test environments and help maintain control within these environments for infrastructure and application changes.
- Keep up to date with Oracle database related technologies and best practice
- Propose appropriate architectures, data models and software system designs.
- Understanding of Capacity & Performance Management for HLC systems.
- Work with support teams, other TA’s, third party vendors and integrators to create Technical Standards and processes.
- Complex problem resolution – fault finding, root cause analysis.
- Contribute to Product Roadmap.
- Infrastructure, Application and Integration Testing.
- Technical documents – e.g. for training, configuration management, design & build
- A strong background in Production Application Support DBA Role based on Oracle and Linux SLES technologies.
- Strong DBA skills must be at Developer DBA level
Oracle Apex Development skills essential with Python scripting
Unix Shell scripting, Powershell scripting (desirable) PL SQL, SQL and APEX skills
- Oracle RDBMS 11g & 12c, Oracle Weblogic, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Data Guard setup and administration. RMAN Backup up and recovery skills.
- Database Performance Tuning skills
- Linux Administration skills and experience of HAE Clustering .
- SAN and basic Networking skills (desirable)
- Enterprising and adaptable
- Ability to work under pressure on mission critical systems.
- Strong customer focus.
- Team player, adaptable and willing to broaden skills outside core skill set.
This challenging position offers the chance to contribute to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande Industries. We offer a fulltime position in an informal, professional work and technical innovative environment with a lot of possibilities to develop yourself.
Besides your salary, we offer you the following:
28 vacation days plus 8 bank holidays.
Flexible working hours
If you want to take on this demanding challenge in a dynamic environment, apply now by filling in the application form and upload your resume and motivation letter. For more information contact Jasper Pijnenburg Recruiter +31 413 49 44 08