Vanderlande provides baggage handling systems for 600 airports around the globe, capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. For the parcel market our systems handle 52 million parcels per day. All these systems generate data. Do you see a challenge in building data-driven services for our customers using that data? Do you want to contribute to the fast-growing Vanderlande Technology Department on its journey to become more data driven? If so, then join our Digital Service Platform (DSP) stream!
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering data intelligence solutions to our customers all around the globe, based on an innovative and new product, which provides insights into the performance of their material handling systems. You will be working on implementing and deploying the product as well as designing solutions to fit it to our customer needs. You will work together with an energetic and multidisciplinary team to build end-to-end data ingestion pipelines and implement and deploy dashboards.
You will participate in solution design and development of scalable solutions that our equipment experts can use to resolve issues before they occur. Our department consists of several teams developing more digital services, as well as teams focused on data collection and deployment of the products you will help create.
You are eager to design, maintain and grow the Digital Service Platform infrastructure making our agile team more automation-oriented. You understand the security aspects of software development, including the shift left of security and security by design in all parts of the software development lifecycle (SDLC). Since you are part of a team, you will be part of the daily activities, keeping your hands dirty.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- You will deliver insightful KPIs to the Airports, Parcel, or Warehouse domain, hence you need the drive to understand your systems and the needs of your users.
- Ensure that releasing and deploying times are as short as possible.
- Ensure that infrastructure is set up as such that it serves the continuous integration/deployment.
- Continuously seeking ways to improve our DevOps practices so that we can improve our products and services and foster a DevOps mindset throughout the department.
- Help strengthening DevOps skills and applying DevOps principles among teams.
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or at least 5 years of relevant experience with DevOps activities.
- Experience with NoSQL and unstructured data; event processing tools like Splunk or the ELK stack.
- Experience working with different datatypes (AVRO, Parquet etc..) and developing data pipelines using Python (Java is a plus).
- Experience in working with Kubernetes clusters (Azure Kubernetes Service is a plus).
- You have strong experience using container technologies (e.g. Docker).
- You have strong experience designing and implementing Continuous Integration and Deployment pipelines (Bamboo is a plus).
- Experience with GitOps technologies (ArgoCD and/or Flux) is a huge plus.
- You have excellent problem-solving and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to inspire and coach others with regards to the DevOps way of work and culture. This includes security, monitoring & alerting, measuring, and closing the feedback loop with your customers.
- Background of working within agile team environments, especially using Scrum and Kanban frameworks.
- Experience with automated testing on various levels.
What we offer
In the challenging and responsible position of DevOps Engineer within Digital Service Platform (DSP), you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to industry-leading projects and be connected to our dedicated people and customers. We offer a position in an informal, international and professional working environment with a lot of scope for personal development. By joining our profitable and growing company you will be able to reach your goals and focus on your future.
This position offers a competitive salary range of € 4100 to € 5290 gross per month (excluding 8% holiday allowance). Through exceeding performance expectations, you even have the possibility to grow outside this scale.
On top of your fixed salary you’ll receive the following secondary benefits:
- 40 vacation days (20 statutory days and a flexible budget worth 20 days).
- Flexible working hours.
- A hybrid workplace (40% working from home and 60% in the office).
- A Health & Wellbeing budget worth €300,- per calendar year.
- Commuting allowance, including full reimbursement of travel by public transport.
- Working from home allowance.
- Collective pension scheme and discount on additional health insurance.
- On-site company health centres with a gym, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
- Vanderlande Academy and training facilities to boost your skills.
- A variety in Vanderlande Network communities and initiatives.
- And a great company restaurant and coffee bar with barista.
Diversity & Inclusion
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.