The Director of IT North America is responsible for the day to day IT operations supporting the local Vanderlande businesses and the creation of an aligned IT strategy that supports the dynamic and fast-growing business of Vanderlande today and in the future.
The role manages a small internal team within North America that focuses on the day to day operational needs, coordinates with 3rd party suppliers supporting the IT delivery, and works closely with global IT teams based in the headquarters in Europe.
The position reports to the MD of ICT in Veghel.
- Ensure that the day to day IT operations meet the needs of the local entities at all locations within North America.
- Be the IT business partner to all departments in North America, work closely with the local Vanderlande teams to identity and remove barriers to execution within IT and initiate programs to address improvements in a timely fashion.
- Develop and drive continuous improvements to support the future needs of the North American business entity.
- Act as a program manager for all North American IT initiatives and ensure they are planned, executed and reported in a deliberate way.
- Champion North American business needs within the global IT community. Specifically have direct working interactions with the global IT group in Europe.
- Understand and support the business systems, processes and infrastructure currently supporting the North American business entities and ensure they are globally aligned.
- Be aware of industry trends and best practices that could be applied in a beneficial way within Vanderlande and make clear business cases to get through successful implementations.
- Regular updates to local leaders on all operational and strategic IT efforts. Communications and alignment with global IT teams of the same.
- Define and help build up local North America IT capabilities to enable more local control and speed of response to needed key system deployments or updates.
- Help identify and maintain a local key user community representing the business needs to ensure the right representation is available when and where needed.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- 10+ years of IT management
- Very strong collaboration skills with a natural ability to listen and work with people at all levels within a company.
- A high level of knowledge of large-scale IT hardware and software systems.
- Extensive experience leading IT systems within companies with engineering and manufacturing
- A history of successfully working within a global IT community.
- Strong work ethic and an ability to multi-task on a sustained basis.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve challenging technical issues independently and quickly.
- Excellent communication skills in English, including both writing and speaking.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.