As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacture, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
The Director of Site Based Service Operations, Warehouse Solutions North America, ensures that the Company’s portfolio of service accounts are executed in a manner which enhances the Company’s reputation as the global leader for value-added services in the warehouse segment. The Director is responsible for the performance of maintenance and operations on all (SBS) site(s).
This position ensures that the growth and development of the Services department is aligned with the long-term strategic goals of the Company and needs of Key Customers. The Director manages strategic relationships and drives value for Customers. Vanderlande’s Total Life Cycle Services portfolio includes operations, maintenance, process optimization, upgrades and modifications throughout the logistic process & automation life cycle. The Director also enhances organizational development by showing leadership, demonstrating Company Values, and ensuring quality and professionalism. The incumbent will report to the V.P. of Services.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Manages the execution of a high number of service contracts/ sites/departments with a high organizational complexity on an operational and commercial level (contract volume 20+ mill.)
- Manages a group of over 250 FTE’s, performing a wide variety of interrelated multidisciplinary service activities or manages a smaller group at highly complex Key Accounts.
- General management of (inc. set up of) O&M contract site(s) and / or other service contracts in North America: Personnel, Operations, Service, Quality, Finance, Subcontracts and Customer Relationships.
- Responsible for the overall operational and financial performance of the North American Warehouse Service Sites.
- Serve as a proactive leader and problem solver, coaching and mentoring direct and “dotted line” reports.
- Actively develops Service Managers to further grow the Vanderlande Service business in NA.
- Manages stakeholder relationships up to senior management level – Customer and Vanderlande.
- Work with the VP of Services and VP of Project Sales in developing & implementing the strategic direction of the service organization.
- Represent the North American Service group during the sales process for future Warehouse Site Based Service Accounts
- Develops executive management relationships in the market and decision makers of the customers.
- Understanding the customer’s service business, processes and values, anticipate this with the aim to offer a value adding service proposition, which will exceed the current operations in the customer’s value chain.
- Develops new ways of execution the local service way of working, supply chains, tooling, etc. to generate more business and profitable growth.
- Actively creates and steers business investments with customers.
- Develops and pursues profitable business leads to achieve planned order intake and profit levels for warehousing solutions.
- Lead communication with colleagues in other Customer Centers to exchange best practices and to contribute to the overall improvement of VI service delivery and our customer’s operation and maintenance needs.
- Engages in successful implementation of the global service strategy and is mature sparring partner for the decision makers CC Managing Directors/board of directors.
- Continuous development of the Vanderlande (SBS) Service proposition worldwide.
- Support with startup of new onsite team(s), prepares and set-up of service contracts.
- Management of incidents (external & internal). Coordination of resources and communication during major incidents
- Budget control and evaluation. Monitor, review and report monthly financials to ensure budget
contribution margins are met.
- Responsible for weekly and monthly reports including reporting to customers.
- Promote Accident Free workplace principles, ensure compliance with all VI Safety programs and requirements, and show leadership in promoting Safety.
- Realizes integration with other relevant multi-functional areas.
Required Education and Experience:
- 10-15+ years’ Service Management experience in the industrial/facilities industry (North American & International experience a plus)
- Bachelor/ Master degree
- Entrepreneur, people manager and a good communicator, who develops long term customer relationships and/or networks.
- Background in automated material handling systems.
- Experience managing multiple sites and site managers.
- Experience overseeing financials/budgets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Organizational sensitivity
- Group-Oriented leadership
- Customer-orientation/Service Provision
- Maintaining relationships
- Systemic thinking
- Defining and developing strategies
- Safety Leadership
- Excellent verbal and oral skills in English
- Ability to build a team and maintain Team Play
- Knowledge of service contracts
- Strong customer and service focused
- Ability to problem solve and trouble shoot.
- Understands business criticality of systems.
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Commercially minded & project management skills
This position requires up to 50% travel. Must be available to occasionally travel internationally.
Manages Site Maintenance Managers and Contract Managers.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.