Installation Group Leader – WP
Site managers, supervisors and installers lead the day-to-day installation of Vanderlande projects. The Site Management Group Leader Electrical – leads the electrical installations within their group for delivery of Material Handling System and related projects in North America. The GL has three primary functions; 1) Line Management of site management team members within their group, 2) To raise the overall level of performance within the site management team through process innovation and enforcement, mutual accountability, and a drive to make every day better, and 3) Supporting the Manager of Site Management in growing a site management team capable of delivering the projects dictated by business requirements.
- Serve as a trusted and dependable leader of the site management team
- Build competence and increase overall team performance through creating a culture of mutual accountability.
- Create development plans to determine what training, coaching, mentoring or other stimuli is required to grow current team members to the next level.
- Organize your group as required to safely, efficiently, and profitably deliver Vanderlande projects in the field.
- Coach and mentor team members towards developing communications skills and client relationships.
- After absorbing expectations from the organization, develop team members in preparedness to address commercial challenges with their duties including management of change orders, risk, and compliance when delivering our projects.
- Working closely with the VI North American Safety Manager, lead the further development of the VI safety culture in the delivery of our projects.
- Work closely with other parts of the VI organization (Engineering, Planning, Project Management, Supply Chain, Procurement) to develop mutually beneficial process improvements to improve our performance.
- Serve as a trusted and dependable advocate for site management team members in your group to quickly resolve and administer; including but not limited to the following: HR, Payroll, Engineering, Supply Chain, Procurement, Planning, Project Management, Finance.
- Develop plans and programs to recruit, retain, and develop site management team members throughout their careers.
- Perform line management responsibilities for site management team members including timesheets, expense report approvals, annual appraisals, coaching and developing, and any required disciplinary measures.
- Other duties as required to fulfill the responsibilities above.
- Travel to various job sites is required – estimated to be 50%.
- Establish and develop a team to complete all administrative tasks required within site management
- Ensure that all projects site have adequate document control in place including timely delivery of work packages to the installation team from engineering and others.
- Actively seek opportunities to reduce costs
- Build relationships and work with sub-contractors to ensure projects are sufficiently managed and kept under control.
- Develop, document and distribute installation standards for the installation and project teams.
- Work proactively with providing constructive feedback to engineering and other departments.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in position of leadership of skilled labor in the delivery of complex projects and systems.
- Demonstrable experience in growing and developing junior team members.
- Experience serving as on-site representative while building relationships with clients.
- Ability to obtain required security clearances to work in VI project sites
- Valid passport in the event international travel is required
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% (domestic or international)
- Four-year college degree in technical field
- Material handling system experience
- OSHA Certification
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- International and multicultural awareness
- Proven electrical and technical background
- Resource planning and site organization
- Safety awareness on the project managers level
- Analytical and strategic
- Pro-active and decisive