Vanderlande’s Site Management Department is responsible for the Installation and project execution of Material Handling Systems, Warehouse Automation and Parcel Sortation systems for our customers throughout North America. The increasing number of new projects and their geographical spread means the team is growing and expanding. You will report hierarchically to the Electrical installations manager, and daily to the Site Manager of the project you are assigned. In this position, you will be working within a Site Management project team to install an automated material handling or parcel sortation system. You will be responsible for performing the installation tasks assigned to you in accordance with the project specifications and technical requirements while minimizing waste and maintaining a high level of safety and quality. You will follow detailed instructions to perform electrical installations and escalate any discrepancies in the customer standards, provided drawings or other information. This role is 100% travel with an expectation to work 55 to 60 hours per week and offers pay at time and one half for all time worked after 40.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Perform installation tasks assigned by supervisor while man
- Install and mount industrial control equipment as detailed in engineering layout drawings.
- Install conduit, cable tray, wireways, boxes and other forms of electrical containment as directed by a Supervisor or Lead installer.
- Install, label, and connect wires and cables as detailed in engineering drawings and schematics.
- Install and test industrial networks as directed by supervisor and engineering drawings.
- Maintain clear communications with supervisor on any issues of safety or productivity Work independently and complete tasks on time without continuous direct supervision
Required Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 years of electrical installation experience
- 1 year of experience installing and bending EMT or Rigid conduit Proficiency reading and understanding engineering drawings and schematics
- Proficiency with troubleshooting basic control circuits
- Possess good working knowledge of the NEC
- Ability to travel domestically and /or internationally 90-100% of the time, maintaining dependable transportation
Journeyman Electrician License
Experience bending and installing Rigid or IMC conduit
Low voltage cabling installation experience
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position requiring an average work week of 55-60 hours
This position requires up to 100% travel.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job
Substantial to extensive amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting and lifting
Will talk and hear to communicate
Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull objects, materials, controls and tools
May require picking up, lifting, carrying and moving up to 50lbs
Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, and may occasionally work from platforms/scaffolding using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
Working in all weather conditions (including heat, rain, cold and wind) while wearing appropriate PPE
frequent exposure to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration and high noise levels
Wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs, masks/respirators, hi-vis safety vests, leather gloves and leather steel-toed work boots
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.