Vanderlande is the global market leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports, and in the parcel market. The company is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses.
Vanderlande’s baggage handling systems are capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. Its systems are active in more than 600 airports including 12 of the world’s top 20. More than 52 million parcels are sorted by its systems every day, which have been installed for the world’s leading parcel companies. In addition, many of the largest global e-commerce players and retailers have confidence in Vanderlande’s efficient and reliable solutions.
Working as part of a site based residential service team, your role is as follows:
- Preventative and corrective maintenance on automated systems, which will include working on both electrical and mechanical systems.
- Electrical/Mechanical fault finding on automated systems for equipment such as storage and retrieval cranes, conveyor belts, robotic arms and AGV forklifts.
- Assisting your team to ensure maximum system availability for the customer – this can vary day to day from assisting with general flow control/system operator level tasks all the way up working with our onsite automation specialists.
- Working towards increasing equipment reliability by continuously improving the way of working and our processes on site.
- Working in an environment with an uncompromising culture for safety.
You will work on a day shift pattern with occasional overtime on weekends, night shifts and public holidays.
- A mechanical aptitude.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and comfortable with working with computers.
- Good English written and verbal communication skills.
- Physically fit.
- Comfortable with working at heights.
- Highly motivated with a keen interest to further your own ability and studies.
- Honest, reliable and proactive with a strong sense of accountability and responsibility.
- Team player with a passion for safety culture
- A PR or Australian citizenship.
- Current drivers licence
- Minimum Year 12 Qualification
- A role based in Dandenong South in a central location and with onsite parking.
- Ongoing, permanent full time position.
- Opportunities for training and to build your own personal development.
- Nationally recognised trade qualification – either electrical or mechanical depending on candidate preference.
- Onsite training with Nationally recognised RTO
- Great team culture.
- Competitive salary and compensation package.
- Uniform, boots and tools all provided.
To apply for this unique and exciting opportunity, submit a cover letter and resume.
ID checks will be performed to verify work entitlements in Australia.