Electrical Design Engineer
Mechanical & Electrical Team Leader
Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports, and sorting systems for parcel and postal services. A Mechanical Engineer is required to join the engineering team in the UK. The UK engineering team works as an integrated part of the World Wide Vanderlande Engineering team consisting of over 800 engineers from all automated handling disciplines. A Engineer joining the UK team has the opportunities and potential to join a wide and diverse range of projects, we are looking for an Engineer with the passion and willingness to engineer and develop designs for projects, the ability to follow challenging standards and overall to add value to our customers at home and abroad.
1. Project plan
- Studies the order file and reports on the feasibility of the requirements and regulations to the Project Leader Engineering (PLE).
- Agrees in consultation with the PLE the necessary engineering activities for the deliverables and planning details.
- Reports progress and deviations of worked hours to the Project Leader.
2. Controls Hardware Design
- Participates in decision making with all the relevant disciplines regarding the electrical components and interfaces to be used.
- Designs, specifies and calculates the complete electrical controls installation (including the supply and power distribution) consisting of cabinets, field wiring, cable trunking and mechanical supports for the electrical components.
- Designs and engineers power calculations (required max. power), cable calculations for the cable layout drawings and selectivity calculations.
- Designs controls drawings and produces all information necessary for manufacturers, installation managers, special design engineers, wiring contractors and purchase department.
- Engineers according to known procedures, rules and regulations.
3. Site Support
- Produces engineering instructions.
- Instructs subcontractors about the working principles of the hardware controls design (drawings and documentation).
- Supports subcontractors with problem analyses and engineering changes/reviews.
Create effective and good working relationships with all departments to ensure that customer expectations are exceeded
Build Reputation with Customers
Ensure all requests are dealt with efficiently, ensuring employees have everything required in order to carry out their daily duties
Drive to Win
Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the department and business
Responsible for the continuous improvement of policies and procedures as well as learning continuously and developing professional potential and ability
Every day better
Support a safe working environment within business development through championing and encouragement of a safety-first culture
Safe Base & We Care
- Experienced in developing electrical design for industrial installations and low voltage installations
- Experienced in working with engineering tools like Autocad and Eplan.
- Knowledge of Electrotechnology
- Energy technology qualification ideal
- Knowledge of industrial networks like Profibus, ASi bus and Profinet/profisafe
- Knowledge of used technologies and equipment for Material Handling Systems useful but not essential