Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses.
Innovation is the key to winning in a world that is changing faster than ever, which is why it is essential for Vanderlande to develop cutting-edge solutions. The use and development of cutting-edge technologies is core to that success. This technology alone does not make a successful organization and our mantra is “In a world of technology, a belief in people”
Would you like to progress your career in a dynamic, rewarding and market-leading environment? If the answer is “yes”, then look no further than Vanderlande!
The Project Engineering department is responsible for the execution of projects in which the different components (mechanical and electrical) of our material handling systems are implemented. Working under the supervision of a Project Leader, the Electrical Project Engineer is part of a multidisciplinary team of Engineers.
The Electrical Project Engineer is responsible for the complete design and implementation of electrical industrial solutions for our material handling systems. From conceptional design through detailed design, manufacturing through installation and through customer take over. You will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team on the engineering department. You perform conceptional engineering, generate detailed designs, create engineering drawings/documents and be a partner for our site installation teams and suppliers.
Further, you’ll be responsible for the following tasks:
- Converting a conceptional electrical design into a detailed design, applicable for:
- Material handling system; system (field) and component (cabinet(s)) design
- Safety distribution; system (field) and component (cabinet(s)) design
- Power distribution design; system (field) and component (cabinet(s)) design
- Creating specifications and calculations for:
- Network design
- Power distribution
- Cables and short circuit current
- Harmonic distortion and cos phi-correction
- Making electrical drawings & layouts and work on brownfield projects
- Creating Performance Level (PL) or safety integrity level (SIL) calculations
- Support site and contractors, and being the first point of contact for questions and coordination
- 5+ years of electrical engineering or field practice in industrial automation and familiar with modern network topologies such as Profinet, ASI-bus but also older topologies such as Profibus
- Able to read drawings of existing industrial automation systems
- Good command of the English language is required, Dutch is preferred.
- Familiar with relevant norms and standards, eg:
- machine directive 2006/42/EG.
- NEN-EN-IEC 60204-1 electrical equipment of machines.
- NEN-EN-IEC 61439-1 low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies – Part 1:
- NEN-EN-IEC 61439-2 power switchgear and controlgear assemblies – Part 2:
- Good command of Eplan electric P8 and Autodesk Autocad
- Able to work and communicate in a multidisciplinary project team
- A team playing and self-driven personality, eager to learn.
- You have a “every day better” mentality, to improve your own skills, internal processes and to support your electrical project engineer colleagues.
- Willingness to travel internationally
If the role of Electrical Project Engineer appeals to you, you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com
For more information, please contact Chrissy Broeders, Recruiter – +31(0)413-494322