The UK engineering team works as an integrated part of the Worldwide Vanderlande Engineering team consisting of over 800 engineers from all automated handling disciplines.
An Engineer joining the UK team has the opportunities and potential to join a wide and diverse range of projects, and we are looking for an Electrical Engineer with the passion and willingness to engineer and develop designs for projects, the ability to follow challenging standards and overall to add value to our customers at home and abroad.
This role is required for our UK based Parcels projects, such as DPD and FedEx with Line and Loop Sorters. The Parcels electrical engineering knowledge is limited in the UK, therefore the RoUK&I strategy to improve this is to receive knowledge sharing with VOICE Engineering through learning and project support. This will develop to the local resource managing multiple Parcel projects and sites.
There will be regular customer liaison and some on-site presence is required during project installation phases, so this is not a remote position, and will be a hybrid way of working as per the Vanderlande Employee Handbook.
This role will suit someone who is of a technical and administrative nature and enjoy working within a friendly and structured team. Routine tasks, seeing a job through to conclusion and the ability to work in a logical and systematic manner are important aspects of the role. The job is also calling for clearly defined work parameters, adherence to standards and procedures. Ideally the person should be routine-orientated, methodical, thorough, has quality as their working ethos, hardworking and professional.
Your responsibilities and activities will include:
- Studying the order file and reports on the feasibility of the requirements and regulations to the Project Leader Engineering (PLE).
- Agree in consultation with the PLE the necessary engineering activities for the deliverables and planning details.
- Reporting progress and deviations of worked hours to the PLE.
- Participating in decision making with all the relevant disciplines regarding the electrical components and interfaces to be used.
- Design, specify and calculate the complete electrical controls installation (including the supply and power distribution) consisting of cabinets, field wiring, cable trunking and mechanical supports for the electrical components.
- Design and validate power calculations (required max. power), cable calculations for the cable layout drawings and selectivity calculations.
- Design controls drawings and produce information necessary for manufacturers, installation managers, special design engineers, wiring contractors and purchase department.
- Engineers according to procedures, standards and regulations.
- Protect interest of Vanderlande in dealings with customer, suppliers, and sub-contractors.
- Quality control of files and Data Management.
- Producing engineering instructions.
- Contributing to continuous improvement of the processes and policies, as well as learning continuously and developing self-professional potential and ability.
Role Qualification and Skills
- Experienced in developing electrical design for industrial installations and low voltage installations.
- Experienced in working with engineering tools like Autocad and Eplan.
- Electro-technology / Energy technology qualification ideal.
- A structured individual with open approach to design and problem solving.
- Knowledge of industrial networks like ProfiNet, ASi bus and Profibus.
- Knowledge of used technologies and equipment for Material Handling Systems.
What we offer
- 28 days of annual leave (excluding public holidays).
- Flexible in working hours and location.
- Bupa Medical Cover.
- YuLife – Wellbeing membership with fast access to GP appointments, promotion of health and wellbeing along with daily quests to gain Yucoins that can be swapped for shopping vouchers.
- Perkbox includes things such as free eye tests at Specsavers including discounts on Glasses, free cinema vouchers and a weekly free coffee from Nero. Along with hundreds of savings on day-to-day shopping and trips.
- A challenging work environment with lots of opportunities of career progression.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Pension with Aviva.